Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming GUI applications on SunSolaris and RedHat Linux Post 302291647 by shafi2all on Thursday 26th of February 2009 04:36:19 AM
Old 02-26-2009
I have returned back after a long time and now i want to use "installtool" on Solaris.

There is a utility "makekit" with this tool, it is giving below error. Any ideas over this..

ERROR:
$ makekit /finder/95s/ed/src/fgs_ikd/finder_main.ikd /finder/95s/ed/src/kits
makekit: error: No ikd_InstallationKit object defined.
$

Shafi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.1 GUI

I am trying to install a Linux LFS server. I have not been able to figure out how to get the GUI to load up. I'm not even sure if it has been installed. Any information would be greatly appreciatted. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlcrowder
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GUI for Redhat Linux

I just installed Redhat Linux 8.0 and I do not know how to get to my GUI Desktop. Right now I'm just in the shell please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savagebeast
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Find cmd working in Linux and not in SunSolaris 5.8

find . -type f -mtime -1 -ls command not working in sun solaris 5.8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotbaweja
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problems running redhat config samba in the GUI

hi Recently the above option has stopped working all together. On clicking on this option it appears as though the window will open as the outline of the box appears but nothing more. On running this from a command prompt within the GUI , I get the following error: The last line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timcs
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting SunSolaris Filesystem on Linux Ubuntu Server

Can someone please help me out here. I have SunSolaris server that has a ridiculous about of space on it. several hundred gigabytes of space. There are lots of partitions on this server that has at least 100Gs on them. I want to mount just one of these partitions on my Linux server so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Installing applications by avoiding GUI

Hi Experts, Now the problem is when I run the install script inside .app folder, it opens a GUI and asks for user input. I want to avoid these GUI. I want to provide input when i run install script e.g. $ ./install < inputfile I used to redirect input from input file to install script. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI Applications

Hi Experts, Can anyone suggest me kindly, whether designing some small GUI applications are possible in shell scripting..... Like a small calculator kind of stuff....... I fit is possible guide me with some examples. Thanks, Newbie....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat Linux GUI Issues

hi all i have installed Windows 7 first. then i installed linux on dual partations... i am booting both of them through dual boot... but when i start linux its only working well with CUI, when i used commands like startx or changed the initd to 5 then its loading the GUI interface of RedHat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nikhil Dethe
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

[Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode

Hi Guys Required help in Redhat 6.1. After installation of Redhat 6.1 in VMware system is not going in GUI mode. please to solve the issue... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
5 Replies
CPAN::Distroprefs(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    CPAN::Distroprefs(3pm)

NAME
CPAN::Distroprefs -- read and match distroprefs SYNOPSIS
use CPAN::Distroprefs; my %info = (... distribution/environment info ...); my $finder = CPAN::Distroprefs->find($prefs_dir, \%ext_map); while (my $result = $finder->next) { die $result->as_string if $result->is_fatal; warn($result->as_string), next if $result->is_warning; for my $pref (@{ $result->prefs }) { if ($pref->matches(\%info)) { return $pref; } } } DESCRIPTION
This module encapsulates reading Distroprefs and matching them against CPAN distributions. INTERFACE
my $finder = CPAN::Distroprefs->find($dir, \%ext_map); while (my $result = $finder->next) { ... } Build an iterator which finds distroprefs files in the given directory. %ext_map is a hashref whose keys are file extensions and whose values are modules used to load matching files: { 'yml' => 'YAML::Syck', 'dd' => 'Data::Dumper', ... } Each time "$finder->next" is called, the iterator returns one of two possible values: o a CPAN::Distroprefs::Result object o "undef", indicating that no prefs files remain to be found RESULTS
"find()" returns CPAN::Distroprefs::Result objects to indicate success or failure when reading a prefs file. Common All results share some common attributes: type "success", "warning", or "fatal" file the file from which these prefs were read, or to which this error refers (relative filename) ext the file's extension, which determines how to load it dir the directory the file was read from abs the absolute path to the file Errors Error results (warning and fatal) contain: msg the error message (usually either $! or a YAML error) Successes Success results contain: prefs an arrayref of CPAN::Distroprefs::Pref objects PREFS
CPAN::Distroprefs::Pref objects represent individual distroprefs documents. They are constructed automatically as part of "success" results from "find()". data the pref information as a hashref, suitable for e.g. passing to Kwalify match_attributes returns a list of the valid match attributes (see the Distroprefs section in CPAN) currently: "env perl perlconfig distribution module" has_any_match true if this pref has a 'match' attribute at all has_valid_subkeys true if this pref has a 'match' attribute and at least one valid match attribute matches if ($pref->matches(\%arg)) { ... } true if this pref matches the passed-in hashref, which must have a value for each of the "match_attributes" (above) LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 CPAN::Distroprefs(3pm)