Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running server side application on client demand Post 302291101 by gleesonger on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 05:47:49 PM
Old 02-24-2009
Running server side application on client demand

Ive written a java based "webscraper to rss feed" which resides on my college web space when I execute the app from putty it creates the feed and sets the permissions perfectly.I then wrote a php script to execute the app on demand from the browser using
Code:
system("java -cp /storage/webtree/g/gleesog4/rss/bin Feed >> /storage/webtree/g/gleesog4/rss/bin/log.txt");

However the java program hangs on the web request and eventually times out.

How do I solve this?

Thanks Ger.

Last edited by gleesonger; 02-24-2009 at 06:52 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to Test Application Server is running

Hi, I'm a complete novice at Unix and need to create a script that does the following... checks to see if an application server is running. If the app is running then print 'Available' Else print 'Unavaliable' exit from scriopt I have no idea where to start. I'd be very grateful... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duglover
0 Replies

2. Programming

Server - Client application problem

hi all I'm beginner in CORBA Server-Client appliction development. My server- client application was worked well and i have tested it too. Due to some Network problem we have rebooted our dedicated server , then i restart my corba service, application in the server it started... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayakumarN
0 Replies

3. Linux

running Client-Server prog on 2 LInux boxes

hi , i have 2 linux boxes with linksys wireless adapters everything is working fine.now i am trying to run client-server program written in C on these boxes but none of the box is receiving any packets. how different it is when using wireless . All these codes that i have works fine on Unix though... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phantom308
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Cannot access Apache web server from Wan side, only Lan side.

I have installed WAMPSERVER 2.0 on my windows vista x64 system but still am having issues with getting the webserver to be seen outside my local network. It is working fine within my local network. Been through several setup tutorials so far, no dice still. For testing purposes I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidmanvell
1 Replies

5. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To access UNIX server from Tk application running on Windows

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I want to know that if I make an application in Tk (version of Tcl to create GUI) in windows and want to run to UNIX server, is it possible ? In other words, can I access a UNIX server through a Tk application running on windows ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH using the shell on the client side -- possible?

I have identical scripts on two machines: one a laptop running Ubuntu 9.04, and the other a Windows XP desktop running Cygwin. The files I'd like to process are on the Windows machine. Running the script in Cygwin engages eight calls to an external executable and spins off who knows how many forks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

8. AIX

sftp : have to specify subsystem from client side

I have several ssh servers *running aix 5.3 and they respond to sftp requests just fine, but I have one that requires clients to specify the path to the sftp server using the -s flag which is*/usr/sbin/sftp-server I check the sshd_config across all servers and they are the same. *The other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: massdesign
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Application server is running or not

Hi All, i am trying to find whether nginx is installed or not as well process is running or not on my centos server. For that i am searching for the nginx configuration file nginx.conf based on that i am printing the ouput. Below script i am using. var=$(find / -name "nginx.conf" !... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu1234
1 Replies
repo-rss(1)															       repo-rss(1)

NAME
repo-rss - generates an RSS feed from one or more Yum repositories SYNOPSIS
repo-rss [options] repoid1 [repoid2...] DESCRIPTION
repo-rss is a program for generating RSS feeds for one or more Yum repositories. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. -f <file> Specify the file to which the RSS will be written. Default is repo-rss.xml. -l <link> Specify the URL to the RSS feed. Default is http://yum.baseurl.org/. -t <title> Specify the title for the RSS feed. Default is "RSS Repository - Recent Packages". -d <description> Specify the description of the RSS feed. Default is "Most recent packages in Repositories". -r <days> Specify the number of days to consider most recent. Default is 3. --tempcache Enable the use of a temporary directory for the yum cache. This is enabled by default for non-root users. EXAMPLES
Generate an RSS for the updates-released repository and save it as updates-release.xml: repo-rss -f updates-released.xml updates-released FILES
As repo-rss uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which reposi- tories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Seth Vidal 2005 repo-rss(1)