Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read values from a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read values from a file Post 302291012 by w020637 on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 02:11:53 PM
Old 02-24-2009
Read values from a file

Hi ,

I have a file with the following content

Quote:
dt_1=12 dt_2=21 year=2008 r='T' reporting=Q4
I need the read the year and reporting from this file and store them in variables.

I understand that we can read the file delimited by'=' but not sure how to extract the values correctly.

Thanks in advance

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I read variable values from file?

Hi, I want to pratmeterze my scripts like, my confRsync file contains varibale values for 1. host 2. Destination and 3. source like this, I want to read this values from this and assing to my makeRsyn.sh file's varibales. how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I pass or read values from file ?

Hi one & All , My Need is to Create 64 Partition and create File System in Linux. I have the Script ... for((a=0;a<=63;a++)) do fdisk /dev/cciss/c0d$a done for((a=0;a<=63;a++)) do mkfs.ext2 /dec/cciss/'c0d'$a'p1' done the moment I run the Script I get the Prompt ... Command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nix-kid
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read only the first two values from a file in unix

Hi, I'm new to unix.. I need to read only the first two values from a file that contains many data....My record is like this FTG_ver_num=7.0 RUN_ID=2 $$tgt_envrnmt_cd=FTG $$WRK_FLW_CD=NPL I need oly the values of ETG_ver_num and RUN_ID. i.e) output to be 7.0 and 2 The code i used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghulshekar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables and their values from file

Hi, I want to read the variables and the values from the txt file and compare these values with the ones computed by script. for ex: say var.txt contains the variable names and their values: one 1 two 2 three 3 The value of variables "one" "two" and "three" will be computed in the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhushana
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Read different values from external file?

Hi , I am new to this scripting , I am facing an issue like how to read different values from external file by using different variables, In script I supposed to declare var 1 var 2 var 3 I know how to call this variables from external file (I am using awk command by giving same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandini
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read values from file.

I have a config file of this format: Company= Alpha Tech From Email = AlphaTech@Alphatech.com Pass = Passowrd To Email = abc@hotmail.com Smtp=smtp.live.com:587 I want to read these values from this file and use in a command to send email. I am trying grep but it gives full line. I just... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read values from second file in awk

Hello Friends, I have written a script like the following, which finds some logs and fetchs some desired rows and then calculate average processing time of a spesific application. if then echo echo "----- There are three arguments which is expected to run this script! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file to read values from Db2 table replacing hard coded values

Hi, I want to replace a chain of if-else statement in an old AWK file with values from Db2 table or CSV file. The part of code is below... if (start_new_rec=="true"){ exclude_user="false"; user=toupper($6); match(user, "XXXXX."); if (RSTART ==2 ) { ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and replace values in a script

Hi , I have a property file placed in folder /usr/opt/temp/aorc.prop which has values given below . I need to read this file content and replace the node with actual values in a shell script . Each time the script shall replace the node value from the poperty file and execute a cfsend command and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
10 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-jy] [[month] year] cal [-j] -m month [year] ncal [-jJpwy] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-Jeo] [year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. -o Display date of orthodox easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as specified by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calendar for the month of August in the current year). A year starts on Jan 1. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian--Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. BSD
November 23, 2004 BSD