Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print first two words two times using SED... Post 302290879 by Diggi on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 08:07:07 AM
Old 02-24-2009
How to print first two words two times using SED...

I have string as and I want to print first two words as output.

Last edited by Diggi; 02-24-2009 at 10:15 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print a character many times

How can I print a '-' on the same line within awk, say 50 times, without actually typing '-' 50 times? Cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print only last two words of a line

can u help me out to print last two words of each sentence of a file. for example. contents of input file: i love songs my favourite songs sent songs all kind good buddy Ouput file should contain: love songs favourite songs sent all kind good buddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a word specific number of times

Hi All, I wanted to know if there is a shell command to print a word n number of times The Input File is : Cat 4 Bat 3 Zall 1 Kite 2 Output File required is : Cat Cat Cat Cat Bat Bat Bat Zall Kite (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - delete words between two possible words

Hi all, I want to make an script using sed that removes everything between 'begin' (including the line that has it) and 'end1' or 'end2', not removing this line. Let me paste an 2 examples: anything before any string begin few lines of content end1 anything after anything before any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meuser
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print each column 3 times

Hi All, I have a file with more than 2000 columns and I would like to print each column 3 times, so that I will get a file like col1 col1 col1 col2 col2 col2 ........coln coln coln. I have tried the following code: awk '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {s=s FS $i,$i,$i} print s;s=""}' input >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print one's place for 1 to N times, ksh Perl whatever?

Hello all, I would like to create a for loop or whatever is quick that will print the one’s place of a number for 1-N times say for example a printed page formatting is 132 characters wide, I would like a single line 123456789012345678901234567890... ...012 That is 132 characters long. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KmJohnson
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the lines which are repeated 3 times in a file?

Hello All, I have a file which has repeated lines. I want to print the lines which are repeated three times. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline 8 times and if $3 = 8 when subtracted from 1st line,print

I have kind of a strange one here. I have a file of consecutive /24 ip blocks. If there are 8 consecutive ip blocks which represent a /20 then I need to print the first line. I played around and did not get the results I need, especially when considering that the highest $3 will be is 255 and then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print a particular character n number of times in a line??

hi, Is it possible to print a particular character n number of times in a line? for example. i am print the following line using echo command.. echo "files successfully moved" i want to count the number of characters that are been displayed. i am doin it using echo "files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print String N times the number before it

Hey All, I want want to print a string N times the number N before it. Like i have "20 hello". so i want to print hello hello hello . . . . . 20 times.. Please help me.. I am not able o figure out.. how to do the same? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
8 Replies
GONZUI-SEARCH(1)						   User Commands						  GONZUI-SEARCH(1)

NAME
gonzui-search - a tool to search a gonzui DB SYNOPSIS
gonzui-search PATTERN DESCRIPTION
-P, --package=PACKAGE search for PACKAGE -p, --prefix perform prefix search -e, --regexp perform regular expression search -t, --type=TYPE search for TYPE funcall, fundef, fundecl, others -n, --line-number print line number with output lines -c, --count only print a count of matching words -C, --context=NUM print NUM lines of output context --color use markers to highlight the matching string -h, --no-filename suppress the prefixing filename on output --gonzuirc=FILE specify alternate run control file --dump-config dump configuration -d, --db-dir=DIR use DB directory DIR --db-cache=NUM use NUM megabytes of DB cache [5] --list-formats list all supported formats --help show this help message -q, --quiet suppress all normal output -v, --verbose output progress and statistics --version print version information and exit gonzui-search 1.3 December 2006 GONZUI-SEARCH(1)