Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array problems in CSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array problems in CSH Post 302290671 by tpltp on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 01:03:17 AM
Old 02-24-2009
I just realized that this is not a problem about array, it is problem just like follows:
set CMD = "ls -ltr|wc -l"
`$CMD` or $CMD are all wrong, can any one give me a solution if I want to use the command like this way?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command substitution problems with csh using grep

I am trying to set a command into a variable in a csh script using command substituion with ``. I am having a problem with ps command combined with grep. The command is as follows (shows processes running with the word gpts in them). /usr/ucb/ps axwww | grep gpts this works fine at the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: voodoo31
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

associate array problems in awk

hi, i have 3 fields in a file and linked them through 2 associative arrays.. the problem is one of the associative array is working while the other is not.. the code part is: awk ' BEGIN { FS="|" rc = getline < "ICX_RULES" while ( rc == 1 ) { rule_id=$1 rule_parameter=$2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aami_sayan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define array in Bourne shell , csh & ksh

Dear friends... Kindly if any one can help me to know the differences in definning & retreiving data from arrays in the sh,csh & ksh. I always facing problems in this issue. thanks...:) BR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK in CSH script problems

Hello Guys, I was trying to obtain the information from the /etc/passwd file, here was my script: 38 echo -n "What's your login name? " 39 set logname=$< 40 echo "Your login name is $logname, your user's ID is `grep $logname /etc/passwd|awk -F: '{print $3}'`" 41 echo " Your home dir is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpltp
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh array help!!

I'm trying call the first item in the array then put it in a loop to call the next items in order. set $p = (port-1, port-2, port-3, port-4, exit) <sourcePort>daughtercard:$P</sourcePort> if ($p == "exit") then break else ($p >> 1) I know the above code isn't correct. I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drkelly76
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Problems iwith colors while printing from dynamic array at runtime..

Hi Perl folks, I am having problems printing elements from an array at runtime. I wish to push elements into array at runtime and the print it later. Now I wish to print this matrix using colors. So I do something like this to enter the runtime values in array: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh array missing some elements

I'm having a problem with this bit of my script. '/tmp/data' contains the output of 'ls -l', and I'm assigning a couple of the columns to an array. The problem is that it line starts on the third line of 'ls -l' rather than the first one. @ count = 7 set line = `cat /tmp/data` while ($count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkirk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

4x4 Array in csh scripting

I am trying to code a 4 by 4 array. However the naming convention is diffrent. Please refer the image below https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Dl0vdjfXtU0/Tnh02_ORJpI/AAAAAAAAAKU/4c2zyFP9IB0/array.JPG I want to name them in order : from 0 to 3 --> (0,0) cell to (0,3) from 4 to 7 --> (1,0)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems with ksh array and find command

set -A allfiles `find $usrhtml -type f` i am trying to populate this array with the find command. It works fine when find is looking through a single directory but when i add a new subdirectory the files in the subdirectory get duplicated. Can anyone help me and fix this so each files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems passing strings within an array

i have a list of apps that i need to forcequit and, from time to time, that list changes. perfect excuse to manage a single array! however, my strings with spaces aren't passing as i'd like them to. here's the simple script: #!/bin/sh #-----Array apps=( firefox-bin firefox... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
6 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)