Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Standard UNIX functions
Top Forums Programming Standard UNIX functions Post 302290472 by shamrock on Monday 23rd of February 2009 11:41:44 AM
Old 02-23-2009
libc is the standard C library and since most of the vendors follow the POSIX std it should have all the common ones you need though I am not sure I understand you fully. Are there certain functions you are looking for given that VxWorks is an RTOS and it may have some unusual and stringent response time requirements.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which DVD standard I can use for UNIX???

Hi there, I just want to know what is the best DVD-writer & software I can use is PC, but I want to be able to read it from Unix. I tried to burn a DVD from my friend DVD-writer, when I try to read it in Unix the name of the file all mixed up. I'm not that familiar with DVD standard and which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geoquest
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coding Standard For Unix Shell Scripting!!!

Is there any site on Coding Standard for Shell Scripting in UNIX. Please help me know!!!!! Thanks Om (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
1 Replies

3. Programming

Similar functions in unix

Hi, I am windows programer. I have very basic knowledge of Unix OS. I have written an application in Windows which consists of Win32 API namely WideCharToMultiByte(..) and MultiByteToWideChar(..). I am interested to deploy my application in unix platform henceforth I need to know IS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dayakarr
1 Replies

4. Programming

using c++ and c standard I/O functions

Is it not a healthy practice to mix C and C++ standard I/O functions together e.g. string name; // this is a declared instance of the string class in C++ printf("\nPlease enter your name: "); cin >> name; I did something similar in a program Im designing, and used it several... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix functions

Hi All, i have two functions in my script. question() { num=`ps -e | grep ps | awk -F" " '{print $1}'` qno=`expr $num % 10` grade=grade1 cat grade1/$qno answer ${grade} ${qno} } answer() { grade=$1 qno=$2 ansno=`wc -l $grade/ans/$qno | cut -d' ' -f1` j=0 while do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive functions in Unix

Hi Guys, Is there a way to write a recursive function in unix? Thanks for your help in advance, Regards, Magesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

8. AIX

Unix 64-bit AIX V6.1 Standard Edition

Unix 64bit AIX v6.1 standard edition what do you mean ? function ? pls, help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khanhphv
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

10. Programming

Newline in ANSI-C standard functions

Can someone outline the "best practice" (if any!) to handle newline in ANSI-C standard library functions? I had some confusion with these functions recently related to char array and char pointer. puts(), printf(), strcpy(), strncpy(), memset(). I seem to understand their basic use, but got... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies
curl_global_cleanup(3)						  libcurl Manual					    curl_global_cleanup(3)

NAME
curl_global_cleanup - global libcurl cleanup SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> void curl_global_cleanup(void); DESCRIPTION
This function releases resources acquired by curl_global_init(3). You should call curl_global_cleanup(3) once for each call you make to curl_global_init(3), after you are done using libcurl. This function is not thread safe. You must not call it when any other thread in the program (i.e. a thread sharing the same memory) is run- ning. This doesn't just mean no other thread that is using libcurl. Because curl_global_cleanup(3) calls functions of other libraries that are similarly thread unsafe, it could conflict with any other thread that uses these other libraries. See the description in libcurl(3) of global environment requirements for details of how to use this function. SEE ALSO
curl_global_init(3), libcurl(3), libcurl 7.8 17 Feb 2006 curl_global_cleanup(3)