Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting taking count of log files and den performing some actions Post 302290281 by ss_ss on Sunday 22nd of February 2009 11:23:26 PM
Old 02-23-2009
hi

below is my script:

#!/bin/sh

smsto1=0132777094
timeout=300

while :
do

TIME=`date '+%H%M'`
START=0700
END=2300

if [ $TIME -ge $START ] && [ $TIME -le $END ]
then

rcvd_file_cnt=`ls -l /SYSTEM/custom/data/MNP/xmlerror | sed -n '/\([A-Z]\{3\}\)_\([A-Z]\{4\}\)_\([A-Z]\{2\}\)_P\([0-9]\{18\}\)_\([0-9]\{14\}\).xml/p' |wc -l`

echo "Count is" $rcvd_file_cnt

[ $rcvd_file_cnt -eq 0 ] && { sendsms_all.exe $smsto1 "(ALERT) Greater Than 25 files received today.";}

[ $rcvd_file_cnt -gt 0 -a $rcvd_file_cnt -le 2 ] && { sendsms_all.exe $smsto1 "(ALERT) Greater Than 25 files received.";}
fi

sleep $timeout

done

In this i want to I want to extract the timestamp from the file name and then take the count of every half an hr giving a sleep time of 5 mins between every half an hr for a day.

But with the above one im getting the count of all files including different days but i need it wrt 1 day and of every half an hr.

please help in the same regard.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are core files and how can I delete them when am performing system maintenance??

Help me How can I go about doing this. also, if you have any idea of other files I can delete and what I can do to improve the performance of a system thats running too slow (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPORTANT
6 Replies

2. AIX

Script to perform some actions on multiple files

I have this Korn script that I wrote (with some help) that is run by cron. I basically watches a file system for a specific filename to be uploaded (via FTP), checks to make sure that the file is no longer being uploaded (by checking the files size), then runs a series of other scripts. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performing Script on Multiple Files

Dear All I have group of files named : CDR.1,CDR.2.,CDR.3,CDR.4,CDR.5,CDR.6,etc....... I am performing an awk command look like this : nawk -f script CDR.* What i want is that i want to perform this command on range of files not all of them. Instead of writing CDR.* i want to write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
3 Replies

4. Solaris

troubleshooting log detailing symptoms/error msgs/fix actions for NIS+ client authent

summary found at bottom. to skip straight to action summary, ctrl+f for <summary> this initially started with trouble changing passwords due to client being unable to authenticate, this was further caused by missing client files. This was transparent to me, so this details the road I took,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Mulitple files mutliple actions

Hi all, I have mistkanely gzipped twice an entire folder and sub folders, and also renamed the files during that process. I am trying to undo this, and I need help to create the batch to work on it. All folders are under my images directory, I have a output.txt file that holds all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to count files & create log of that.

Hi Friends, I need some help. First look at my files hierchachy /<level-1>/<level-2>/<level-3>/*.tif eg. : /2010-07-01/AFFIDAVIT-OF-SERVICE---FOR-SC/001/Babylon2_20100701012049_1278004849.49892_000.tif... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking the count of sundays between two date ?

Hi Am using unix Ksh Datecalc and --date functions are not working have two input variables as DATE=01/12/2012 DATE1=23/12/2012 Need output as no of sundays = 4 Can anyone help me pls :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

8. Programming

Performing a while for two files

Hi, This is for Perl. I have a while loop, and would like to process two files, the formats are given below : access access.<previousday>-* How can perform a while loop on both logs, while creating the logic for access.<previousday>-* to get format like "access.20130615-124139" when... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: susankoperna1
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies
SLEEPENH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SLEEPENH(1)

NAME
sleepenh - an enhanced sleep program. SYNOPSIS
sleepenh [initial-time] sleep-time DESCRIPTION
sleepenh is a program that can be used when there is a need to execute some functions periodically in a shell script. It was not designed to be accurate for a single sleep, but to be accurate in a sequence of consecutive sleeps. After a successful execution, it returns to stdout the timestamp it finished running, that can be used as initial-time to a successive exe- cution of sleepenh. OPTIONS
There are no command line options. Run it without any option to get a brief help and version. ARGUMENTS
sleep-time is a real number in seconds, with microseconds resolution (1 minute, 20 seconds and 123456 microseconds would be 80.123456). initial-time is a real number in seconds, with microseconds resolution. This number is system dependent. In GNU/Linux systems, it is the number of seconds since midnight 1970-01-01 GMT. Do not try to get a good value of initial-time. Use the value supplied by a previous exe- cution of sleepenh. If you don't specify initial-time, it is assumed the current-time. EXIT STATUS
An exit status greater or equal to 10 means failure. Known exit status: 0 Success. 1 Success. There was no need to sleep. (means that initial-time + sleep-time was greater than current-time). 10 Failure. Missing command line arguments. 11 Failure. Did not receive SIGALRM. 12 Failure. Argument is not a number. 13 Failure. System error, could not get current time. USAGE EXAMPLE
Suppose you need to send the char 'A' to the serial port ttyS0 every 4 seconds. This will do that: #!/bin/sh TIMESTAMP=`sleepenh 0` while true; do # send the byte to ttyS0 echo -n "A" > /dev/ttyS0; # just print a nice message on screen echo -n "I sent 'A' to ttyS0, time now is "; sleepenh 0; # wait the required time TIMESTAMP=`sleepenh $TIMESTAMP 4.0`; done HINT
This program can be used to get the current time. Just execute: sleepenh 0 BUGS
It is not accurate for a single sleep. Short sleep-times will also not be accurate. SEE ALSO
date(1), sleep(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Pedro Zorzenon Neto. 2008/04/20 SLEEPENH(1)