Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Content Management System for uploading large files Post 302290263 by z1dane on Sunday 22nd of February 2009 09:01:51 PM
Old 02-22-2009
Content Management System for uploading large files

Hi everybody,

I am currently trying to develop a simple content management system where I have an internal website for my users to upload large files onto the server. The site is password protected and my users won't be trying to hack into the system so security is a non-factor (as least for this post).

At the moment I have a PHP/HTML file that allows users to upload files. As these files can get quite large up to 3 gigs in size (transfer rate is ~4 megs a second), I was wondering what would be the best approach? Ideally I would like to have a progress bar to show the status of the transfer. I don't know of too many options but as my users are laboratory staff (minimal computer skills), I would like to have a solution that is web based.

Thanks for your time,

Dave

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Is there a system call other than 'open' for opening very large files?

Dear all, Inside a C program, I want to open a very big file (about 12 GB) in order to read its content. Here is the code: /* argv contains the path to the file. */ inputFileDescriptor = open(argv, O_RDONLY); if (inputFileDescriptor < 0) { ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
6 Replies

2. Programming

Best Method For Query Content In Large JSON Files

I wanted to know what is the best way to query json formatted files for content? Ex. Data https://usn.ubuntu.com/usn-db/database-all.json.bz2 When looking at keys as in: import json json_data = json.load(open('database-all.json')) for keys in json_data.iterkeys(): print 'Keys--> {}... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies
users-admin(1)						      General Commands Manual						    users-admin(1)

NAME
users-admin - Users Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
users-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
users-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. users-admin allows you add, delete and modify the existing users and groups in your system. OPTIONS
users-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
users-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), network-admin(1), time-admin(1), shares-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 users-admin(1)