Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed desperately
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed desperately Post 302290259 by Rayzone on Sunday 22nd of February 2009 06:30:29 PM
Old 02-22-2009
what is the iname option stands in the find command?

is it inode no...?

i have given a try of the above find cmd which u have given,
but it doesn't display any list of log files?

find /app -size +100000 -iname /app/apache/oblix/obcls*/logs/apache_[0-9]*.log 2>/dev/null

what this above cmd will do?

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desperately Need Help On This Perl script

ok, i dont know any perl. actually, very very little. not much at all. now, the task i have is that i have to go into a directory that is packed with hundreds of files that contains lots of strings of which i have to filter through. so when i get into this directory, i type: grep -r akamai... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed

Hi, I am beginner writing shell script i am using korn shell. I wrote shell script through which i am passing system date as parameter to build.xml file but i need to write a function when i pass systemdate as parameter the function has to return its respective quarterly date . Can any one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: connectpramod
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed

aaabbbcccd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hateshellscript
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed please.

i've been given an assignment to Write a system utility called recycle that satisfies the following requirements as they might be displayed in a UNIX/Linux man page: NAME recycle - stores files in a recycle bin SYNOPSIS recycle ... DESCRIPTION Recycle is a replacement for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerryboy78
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed...

Guys, There is a file where there are 1000s of records. In the file if some condition satisfies in a certain TAB record (TAB would be first 3 digits of a certain record) then move TAB and all the records (or lines) after TAB to new_file, until another TAB record is encountered in the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prat007
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed desperately......

Hi guys, I want to execute an SQL script based on a condition.... I am writing a sample requirement... num = {some value} if(num == 0) then cat>> test.sql <<FIN select * from table_a FIN else cat>> test.sql << FIN select * from table_b FIN fi This is what i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Payal Sharma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed

please reply for this https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/111493-cutting-lines.html its really urgent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX advice needed desperately :/

Firstly I do need to state that I am turning here as a last resort. Im in my first year of a Computer Networking and technical support course, and as a first year I must complete a Introductory Unix/Linux class. I have been doing well in the course so far however I have been stumped on the final... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: setaylor5
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Scripting Loop Argument Desperately Needed!

I am trying to create an Expect script that does the following: 1) Telnets to an IP address and logs in with user ID and Password 2) Issue a CLI command to the server that will output data of which I am particularly interested in a DS1 clock 'Slips' value. I want to be able to keep issuing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwightlaidler
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on If Else

Hi, I am using "nc" command to test connectivity to Application ports. I am getting following outputs in case of success & failed scenarios & I am re-directing it to a file. FLPROVP02 4848 (?) open FLPROVP02 4849 (?) : Connection refused My script is as below. #!/bin/bash cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
2 Replies
CG(1)																	     CG(1)

NAME
cg - Recursively grep for a pattern and store it. SYNOPSIS
cg [ -l ] | [ [ -i ] pattern [ files ] ] DESCRIPTION
cg does a search though text files (usually source code) recursively for a pattern, storing matches and displaying the output in a human- readable fashion. It is intended to give some of the functionaly of AT&T's cscope(1) tool, with the advantages of simplicity and not being language-specific. The script will colorize output if configured as such. It is typically run with a Perl regular expression to search for. The search can be made case insensitive by using the -i option. A list of files may also be specified with an additional argument after the pattern. Put the files pattern in quotes to make it be matched by Perl rather than by the shell. Running the script with no arguments will recall the results of the previous search. After the search, entries found can be edited using the vg(1) script. The -l option shows the last log made. SOME EXAMPLES
cg - alone recalls the previous search results. cg -i pattern - search the default list of files for all files matching the pattern (and case-insensitively). cg pattern '*.c' - search recursively for pattern in all *.c files. This automatically converts '*' to '.*' and '.' to '.' for you and does a Perl pattern match on all files in the tree. cg pattern *.c - search through the shell-expanded list of *.c files, so not done recursively (in other words, only the files your shell pass to the script as arguments). cg -l - show the last log made. COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS -i Do a case-insensitive search. -l Show the last log made. -p Toggle the default pager option. cg has a bulit-in pager function, which can be enabled or disabled by default (in .cgvgrc). If the default is enabled, this option disables the pager; if the default is disabled, this option enables it. -P Force the built-in pager to be disabled. FILES
${HOME}/.cglast Log file of the last search. ${HOME}/.cgvgrc Per-user configuration file (if the defaults are not desireable). ${HOME}/.cgvg/* Log files in $HOSTNAME.shell_pid form with the log of the last search. SEE ALSO
vg(1), perl(1), find(1), grep(1), cscope(1) AUTHOR
cg was written by Joshua Uziel <uzi@uzix.org>. 13 Mar 2002 CG(1)