Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris define .rhost file for tape backup to remote host Post 302290193 by incredible on Sunday 22nd of February 2009 11:14:54 AM
Old 02-22-2009
You can use NFS mount option

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsh: remote tape backup

I am trying to perform a remote tape backup from one SCO openserver to another remote SCO Openserver which happens to have a tape drive configured. I have added entries into host.equiv and .rhosts on the tape drive server: prodution_server root # This is equivalent to the hostname and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote tape backup

i have two main servers which are both hpux. the problem is that i only have single dat drive to use with my backup (using tar command). it always takes me alot of time to perform this activity since the backup can only be done one at a time. there are other hpux box with a dat drive attached on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Backup over network to remote tape drive

I am currently using tar to backup a server that has 9gb of data. This is fine and works fine, as part of this I send the backup to a remote tape on a remote server using rsh.. This is not very secure though is it? Whats the best idea here - is there another way I should do this to be more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

6. Solaris

backup through tar command on remote tape

Hello Everybody I have two servers, name A & B. I need to take a backup of one directory(/girish) on serverA. But my tape drive is in serverB through tar command. But when I run the following command it doesn't take the backup. Could any one correct my command to take a backup tar cvf - ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Backup to remote tape drive

Hello all, I'm trying to backup some files on a solaris 10 machine to the remote tape drive connected to another solaris 10 machine. I have set up rsh to allow for password-less connection between the servers, but I'm not able to write to the tape with the command: root@sdp4a>tar cvf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Tape Backup Using cpio

Hi all, I've got two HP machines running HP-UX 11.31 and would like to remotely backup one server onto another server's tape unit using the cpio command. The two servers use a secured communication channel, i.e ssh. Kindly help, Koketso (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koketso
1 Replies

9. AIX

Backup to a remote tape device. Is it possible?

Hi all The situation is as follows: We need to take an mksysb image from an AIX 6.1 server. From some reason (irrelevant to this discussion) this server does not have access to a local CD-ROM or a tape drive. We do have another server with AIX 6.1 (but different technology level) which got access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)