Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script for replacing 2 strings Post 302290175 by gav2251 on Sunday 22nd of February 2009 07:26:49 AM
Old 02-22-2009
awk script for replacing 2 strings

Hi
I have written a script for automating a program. There is a string in 2 lines that needs altering from input.

The 2 lines are:

prepare_flexreceptor4.py -r rec_rigid.pdbqt -s TYR119_TRP312 -x rec_flex.pdbqt

and

prepare_flexdocking4.py -l ind.pdbqt -r rec_flex.pdbqt -s TYR119_TRP312

It is the TYR119_TRP312 bit that is important.

So I need a script that says 'enter flexible residues seperated by an underscore'. This should be put after the -s. It should accept 1 upwards values. The original script is FLXDOCK. Can this name be retained?
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in csv file.

Hi, I have a problem.. 1) I have a file that contains the lines as below : VRF-TM_DummyLab/mse02.lab,mse02.lab,ge-2/0/7.222 VRF-EMS_HUAWEI_MSAN_208/mse01.lab,mse01.lab,xe-1/0/0.208 2) I need a method to read this file, line by line from :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msafwan82
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings

I am trying to take the two line version of this: mv myFile.txt myFile.txt.bak sed 's/foo/bar/g' myFile.txt.bak > myFile.txt and make it into a shell script with three parameters. First two parameters are the string and string replacement and the third is file. So far this is what I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gordonheimer
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Strings in a File

I have a input file which looks like this: Value1="" Value2="" Value3="" ListOfValues=" $Value1 $Value2 $Value3" I have another program which computes the values ($val1, $val2, $val3). So if $val1 is 'A', $val2 is 'B' and $val3 is 'C', I should edit the input file so it will look like:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Strings in a File

I have a input file which looks like this: Value1="" Value2="" Value3="" ListOfValues=" $Value1 $Value2 $Value3" I have another program which computes the values ($val1, $val2, $val3). So if $val1 is 'A', $val2 is 'B' and $val3 is 'C', I should edit the input file so it will look like:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in perl script

HI all, These are examples of the original value from a variable $abc can be FastEthernet1/0 GigabitEthernet3/1 Serial1/0 If $abc is FastEthernet*/* (where * can be any number), replace $abc value to fa*/* (same number as the original value). GigabitEthernet becomes ga*/* and Serial... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best method of replacing multiple strings in multiple files - sed or awk? most simple preferred :)

Hi guys, say I have a few files in a directory (58 text files or somthing) each one contains mulitple strings that I wish to replace with other strings so in these 58 files I'm looking for say the following strings: JAM (replace with BUTTER) BREAD (replace with CRACKER) SCOOP (replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings

The code below gives the string "test1.txt" even though "tessdsdt" does not match "test1.txt". I would like to return "" if there is no match and return some kind of error that I can capture and decide what to do. echo test1.txt | awk -v src="tessdsdt" -v dst="test" '{sub(src,dst); print}' (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering, copying and replacing strings

hello everybody there, I'm a new bash shell programmer and I'm dealing with a problem. To start, I have a file with a number of string lines which may contain a particular string or not. I have to write a code that identifies the line containing one particular string and keeps it, but also writes... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: leaf
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in various files

i'm trying to figure out the easiest way to replace a string: pineapple pineapple-reg basketball basketball-reg football foot-reg-ball i'm storing the above in a file called wordstoreplace.txt for each line above, the word in the first column is to be replaced by the word in the second... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings

Hello All, I have two files with delimited | file 1 : 1|2|3 11|12|13 22|23|24 and file 2 : 1|4|5|6 11|14|15|16 22|25|26 I want to replace the value '1' in file 2 with the values in file 1 '1|2|3' so the final output will look like 1|2|3|4|5|6 11|12|13|14|15|16 22|23|24|25|26 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArunKumarM
3 Replies
ELZA(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ELZA(1)

NAME
elza -- script language for automating HTTP requests SYNOPSIS
elza [scriptfile] DESCRIPTION
The elza is a scripting language aimed at automating requests on web pages. Scripts written in elza are capable of mimicking browser behavior almost perfectly, making it extremely difficult for remote servers to distinguish their activity from the activity generated by ordinary users and browsers. This gives those scripts the opportunity to act upon servers that will not respond to requests generated using netcat, gammaprog, rebol, or similar tool. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. OPTIONS
scriptfile The name and location of your script to be executed by elza. Variables are specified either in the .elz script, or in elza.def AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stijn de Bekker stijn@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license can be found under /usr/share/common-licenses/FDL. FILES
/etc/elza.def Default values for various elza variables. ELZA(1)