Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: man and ldm man
Operating Systems Solaris man and ldm man Post 302290162 by StarSol on Sunday 22nd of February 2009 04:09:02 AM
Old 02-22-2009
I found the solution. By default, MANPATH is set to /usr/share/man (I do not know where though). When I set the MANPATH in the .profile, it overwrites the default. To resolve that, /usr/share/man needs to be added as well. The .profile would look like:

TERM=vt100;export TERM
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/share:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb:/opt/SUNWldm/bin:/opt/SUNWldm/man:/usr/X/bin:/usr/X11/bin
export PATH
MANPATH=/usr/share/man:/opt/SUNWldm/man
export MANPATH

Last edited by StarSol; 03-03-2009 at 05:59 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

man

If i have my own application ( say 'myTool'), then is it possible to create a man page for it? such that "man myTool" will give information about it. if so how to go about it? thanks in advance, Nads (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nads
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man aliases

Can any one show me how to create an alias account that silently copies local emails to the administrator (root) using a linux cmd line or GUI? The answer needs to be very simplly explained at this stage, as I am new to the command prompt...expecialy in linux. thanks heaps guys Pipa:) I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pipa
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help how to use man

hello every one im a new to unix i use solaris 9 experimental i would like to use real unix system but there are to many versions and i need someone to recommend a good one for me i also need help on how to use "man" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Man command

How to get only the options and arguments of a command excluding the descriptive help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayur_verma
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what man*x directories should contain ?

man pages are located beneath /usr/share/man. e.g., manual pages for "section 1" are located in /usr/share/man/man1/. And /usr/share/man/man*p should contain manual pages for POSIX programmers. I need to know what /usr/share/man/man*x directories should contain ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new0h
1 Replies
lint(1B)                                             SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                             lint(1B)

NAME
lint - C program verifier SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lint [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/lint is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C program verifier. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint to the C program verifier. /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. /usr/ucb/lint is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/lint.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
/usr/ucb/lint accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lint/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 lint(1B)