Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Foreground shell script terminated when session expired Post 302290122 by Ankgne on Sunday 22nd of February 2009 12:32:22 AM
Old 02-22-2009
Foreground shell script terminated when session expired

Hi,

I ran a shell script in the foreground but it seems that the shell script teminated when the session expired. Please let me knw if it's possible or hypothesis is incorrect ASAP.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

closing a telnet session on error, in a shell script

I am using a shell script to telnet into a remote unix server and execute certain commands. But if any command being executed remotely, throws an error, the script just hangs. And the telnet session does not get closed. I want to be able to close the session and complete the script execution in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farahzaiba
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

session timeout for shell script

I am executing test.sh script. But this script takes lot of time and in the meantime the shell timeouts without completing the script. Is there any command which will continue processing the script. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
3 Replies

3. AIX

Session never expired If i closed client prompt

Hi, I need a solution. I am using Putty/CRT to login in a AIX server from my windows machine. When i closed my putty/CRT prompt from windows client, server session is expire. Ex. I have run a script to take RMAN backup from PUTTY/CRT command window, After closing command window RMAN backup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

oracle session is not terminated on HP-UX

In our HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 PA-RISC 64bits server, the oracle session is not terminated using JDBC after closing the session, we close the java.sql.Statement java.sql.Result and java.sql.Connection on app. In others servers (GNU/Linux debian), the sessions are ending without problems, using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miguecg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move shell script from foreground to background

Hi, Need an urgent help. I have a program executing in foreground. I need to execute it in background and also to remove terminal dependency. Thanks In advance. 116@434 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 116@434
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script help shell session times out

while read s1 ; do url= suf=ignore=.csv; wget $url$s1$suf; sleep 5; cat /home/joey/public_html/charts/program/fn\charts/data/tickers/header.txt > $s1.txt; chmod 777 $s1.txt; sed '1d' table.csv?s\=$s1 >> /home/joey/public_html/charts/program/charts/data/tickers/$s1.txt; rm -Rf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script within sftp session

Hi all , can any one tell me how to run a script within a sftp session. let me tell u in bit clear way : After I connected to sftp location , cd ing to some directory then I need to execute a one script. Please tell me if u have any idea on this . Looking forward to your reply guys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravan008
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Informatica post session shell script

Hi, This is regarding a issue we are facing in informatica post session. We place a shell script in informatica job. The shell script will need to upload a dummy file to another server.The shell script is running fine.However in informatica job not completing and throwing error It's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell script wont terminated if i don't modify the shebang

Hi all, I'm new to shell script i wrote some shell script for my colleague, everyone is fine,except on user we are using VNC viewer to work and there are some script start with shebang #! /bin/csh there is an user will not terminate after running the script even if a hello world i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilistar0222
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux