Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris open SSL configuration in solaris 5.9 for NRPE plug-in Post 302290074 by Renjesh on Saturday 21st of February 2009 03:27:56 PM
Old 02-21-2009
Error open SSL configuration in solaris 5.9 for NRPE plug-in

Hi guys,

I have a linux box with nagios installed on it. I have configured some windows clients very easily and now i want to configure a unix client on it.

Steps done:
1) installed nagios-plugins-1.4.13
2) downloaded nrpe-2.12, but while giving "./configure" command, it is throwing an error like "checking for SSL... configure: error: Cannot find ssl libraries".
I have downloaded openssl-0.9.7g but i am not able to configure that properly.
Please help me out to solve this issue

Thanks in advance
Renjesh Raju

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

open SUSE 11.0 and its printer configuration

Does anybody who uses open SUSE 11.0? I have used open SUSE 10.2 for about 18 months. Today I installed open SUSE 11.0 The printer does not work. I tried all the tricks tweak it. My printer is an old one. It is HP Deskjet 5600 series. It works fine. I did the configuration using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Self ssl alternate in Solaris

Instead of using an external Certification Authority CA such as Verisgn, in windows I have been told there is something called self ssl ( The server is its own Certification Authority) In Solaris is there such an alternate? In need it for apache. Much appreciate for any guidence. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios - NRPE configuration error

HI guyz, I have a nagios 3.0.6 server which is running on fedora 5. I had already added some windows clients and monitoring it. Now i want to add a unix client. Steps done till now : - 1.nagios-plugins-1.4.13 was installed and configured. 2.unzipped and untarred the NRPE 2.8 3.I gave a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
0 Replies

4. SCO

raid 1 configuration in sco open unix

Dear Team , how i can configure raid 1 (mirroring) using ide hdd in sco open unix 5 i have two 80gb identical hdd (same make/model) thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

NRPE check_disk error [nagios,solaris]

Good morning folks, I'm having a problem with check_disk with mounted 3TB volumes. It appears that the value being returned by stavfs is too large to be processed by the check_disk plugin. Does anyone know of an updated check_disk plugin? Solaris 10: # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avronius
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Help Generate SSL key in solaris.

How do I generate an SSL string in solaris 10? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Is it possible to install Solaris softwares on Open Solaris or Open Indiana?

Hi there, I'm sorry in advance if my question seems stupid, but I can't figure out myself. I was wondering. Is it possible to install a Solaris program on an Open Solaris or Open Indiana operating system? After searching the web for a long time, it seems that Open Solaris was released by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSL configuration

Dear All, I have one URL which is working fine for our application. The url is using http:// but i want it also to work under https ...for that i configured SSL and tried to restart httpd in my Linux server. But I am getting the error ================================= Init: Unable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot open shared object: when starting nrpe

Got this error when starting nrpe Starting nagios-nrpe: nagios-nrpe/usr/sbin/nrpe: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: Pls advise ---------- Post updated at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:05 PM ---------- os is Debian lenny ---------- Post updated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

10. AIX

Installing Open SSL on AIX 6.1

Hello, I want to install openssl-1.0.1c-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm on IBM AIX 6.1 server machine and when I try to install the same as : rpm -ivh openssl-1.0.1c-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpmI get the error saying that it needs the following dependencies : error: failed dependencies: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies
PG_CONFIG(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					      PG_CONFIG(1)

NAME
pg_config - retrieve information about the installed version of PostgreSQL SYNOPSIS
pg_config { --bindir | --includedir | --includedir-server | --libdir | --pkglibdir | --configure | --version }... DESCRIPTION
The pg_config utility prints configuration parameters of the currently installed version of PostgreSQL. It is intended, for example, to be used by software packages that want to interface to PostgreSQL to facilitate finding the required header files and libraries. OPTIONS
To use pg_config, supply one or more of the following options: --bindir Print the location of user executables. Use this, for example, to find the psql program. This is normally also the location where the pg_config program resides. --includedir Print the location of C header files of the client interfaces. --includedir-server Print the location of C header files for server programming. --libdir Print the location of object code libraries. --pkglibdir Print the location of dynamically loadable modules, or where the server would search for them. (Other architecture-dependent data files may also be installed in this directory.) --configure Print the options that were given to the configure script when PostgreSQL was configured for building. This can be used to repro- duce the identical configuration, or to find out with what options a binary package was built. (Note however that binary packages often contain vendor-specific custom patches.) --version Print the version of PostgreSQL and exit. If more than one option (except for --version) is given, the information is printed in that order, one item per line. NOTES
The option --includedir-server is new in PostgreSQL 7.2. In prior releases, the server include files were installed in the same location as the client headers, which could be queried with the --includedir. To make your package handle both cases, try the newer option first and test the exit status to see whether it succeeded. In releases prior to PostgreSQL 7.1, before the pg_config came to be, a method for finding the equivalent configuration information did not exist. HISTORY
The pg_config utility first appeared in PostgreSQL 7.1. SEE ALSO
PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide Application 2002-11-22 PG_CONFIG(1)