Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris strange issue with ALOM in t51... Post 302290018 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 21st of February 2009 09:43:56 AM
Old 02-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by upengan78
Also is the firmware old ?
yes it is Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange Number comparison issue

Hi, I am comparing two numbers, but it gives strange results: My Code: if then echo "True" else echo "False" fi This code gives False for the follwoing comparison where as True for the following: Any reason for this? Both Should have given False... I am using... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange issue

I have created a server monitor program in Java that connects to servers via SSH and constantly refreshes the new server load every 3 mins. The problem is that even though it is a Java app running shell commands to get the load info, the commands still appear in 'history'. The question is.. is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndrewSH
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange aunthentication issue with email

hi again i'm running a centos 4.x box with sendmail and openwebmail. I had a weird situation where users couldn't not get authenticated using a pop mail client but but were able to aunthenticate using the openwebmail webmail client. I looked through the logs and didn't see anything strange. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Strange Mysql issue

Hi all, I recently changed the name of my hostname from 'abc123' to 'abc456' (as an example). I then added a user in my mysql database with the new host and removed references to the old users and hostname. The strange thing is though, a process using the database still uses the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
1 Replies

5. AIX

strange route issue in powerha 5.4?

hi all we upgraded hacmp(powerha) from 5.2 to 5.4 recently . during the failover testing, we found a strange network issue. after standby node took service ip address (172.15.100.8) online at standby NIC, we were able to log in the standby node by telnet 172.15.100.8 which stays at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT

Hi Everyone. What is the differece b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT Service processor. I am trying reset ALOM login/passwd using scadm utility on T2000, while I am googling I came cross ALOM CMT doesnt support scadm utility, but ALOM supports. Not sure how different are these. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Remote managemnt - looking at hardware issue (using ALOM ) Server rebooting

Hi we have A sun4v SPARC Enterprise T2000 It has started to go down frequently without producing any corefiles. There is nothing in the logs to induicate any issues. So I'm trying to remotely check this and get to see if there are any hardware issue. I heard about ALOm and I think this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Issue with sendmail

more works.sh #!/bin/ksh { print "From: reportgenerator@myserver.com" print "To: randomguy@myfirm.com" print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Subject: Disk Report" print "<body>" print "<table border=1>" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. AIX

Strange issue installing Java 8

I just intalled java8_64.jre and .sdk respectively installp -agXYd . Java8_64.jre Java8_64.sdk 2>&1 | tee installp.log Worked like a champ. Now I see this-- jeff@server:/usr> ls -l | grep java drwxr-xr-x 9 bin bin 512 Sep 22 2010 java14 drwxr-xr-x 7 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)