Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers move all 2008 year's file to destination directory Post 302289958 by ce9888 on Friday 20th of February 2009 11:21:38 PM
Old 02-21-2009
-i is not interactive... more like insert. It means replace {} with the result coming from the find command.
-n1 means one argument at a time exactly. It should work without -n1 but i dont know if you can have problem if the number of files found is really large.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculate directory size by year of file

I need to calcualte the size of a directory by the year the files in that directory were created . For example the script will sum up, by year, the number of blocks for that directory and its' subdirectories for files created / accessed in that year. I need a report that would look like... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

move file by year/mouth

Hello experts, I have a directory which the files inside have different date. Now I'd like to move them to folder year/mouth (2007/01 , 2007/02) Have any suggestion? thanks in advance for reading or anyposts. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmm951
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Move files of a certain year to other directory

Hi all, I have a massive amount of recording files in .WAV format stored in a directory, files dating back to 2006. It is a huge amount of files as Linux cannot even do a listing of it all, it states: "argument list too long" What I would like to do is the following: Find all the files of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files from source to destination directory based on the filename

Move all files starting with a specific name to different directory. This shell script program should have three parameters File Name Source Directory Destination Directory User should be able to enter ‘AB_CD*' in file name parameter. In this case all the files starting with AB_CD will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find + move if destination path does not exist

hi frnds, please help ... what will happen with below command if destination path does not exist on the system.... find /var/adm/cft* -mtime +1 -exec mv {} /global/ \ in unix its remove all my files from the system from soruce file ... how is it possbile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the one file and move destination using scripts in AIX?

I have a script which has two output formats in which i'am getting the two different output format in str1 and str2.So i want to get the output if the format is like str1 then i have to copy that into a directory or str2 format means it should be moved.This script i'am executing in shell script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivgandhi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the one file and move destination using scripts in AIX?

I have run the one scripts the scripts is provide the two different format of output.How to getting the output. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivgandhi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a TAR File in a Custom Destination Directory?

I want to create the tarzip file into a destination directory, i am in /var/sftp/home/archive/rquadri directory and i am using below command. However it is creating the file in the /var/sftp/home/archive/rquadri directory itself instead of /tmp, may i please know how do i resolve this. tar -cvzf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move gz files from one source directory to destination directory?

Hi All, Daily i am doing the house keeping in one of my server and manually moving the files which were older than 90 days and moving to destination folder. using the find command . Could you please assist me how to put the automation using the shell script . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
BACKUP_QUIT(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_QUIT(8)

NAME
backup_quit - Leaves interactive mode SYNOPSIS
quit [-help] q [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup quit command exits interactive mode, returning the issuer to the regular shell prompt at which the backup or backup interactive command was issued to enter interactive mode. The command has no effect when issued outside interactive mode. Issuing the Ctrl-D command also exits interactive mode. CAUTIONS
To exit interactive mode, all jobs must be completed. Use the backup jobs command to list any jobs currently pending or executing, and the backup kill command to terminate them as necessary. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command exits interactive mode: backup> quit % PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_QUIT(8)