Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to arrange all lines in a file to a single line Post 302289957 by Shahul on Friday 20th of February 2009 11:02:47 PM
Old 02-21-2009
Oh...
got it...Smilie
Thanks....Franklin.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit number of lines in a file to single line

Greetings, I have a file: hostnames.txt which has - # cat hostnames.txt machine1 machine2 I need the output to be saved to a variable as: HOSTNAMELIST=machine1,machine2 Please advise. Thanks, Chiru (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break lines up into single lines after each space in every line

It sounds a bit confusing but what I have is a text file like the example below (without the Line1, Line2, Line3 etc. of course) and I want to move every group of characters into a new line after each space. Example of text file; line1 .digg-widget-theme2 ul { background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

split single line into two line or three lines

Dear All, I want to split single line into two line or three lines wherever “|” separated values comes using Input line test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,|0070086|0070087, output shoule be test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070086, test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070087, (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script?

I want to put one xml record in one row and so on... sample two records are here. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS -</L> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script?

I want to put one xml record in one row and so on... sample two records are here. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS -</L> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

joining multi-line file into single lines

Hi, I have a file like mentioned below..For each specific id starting with > I want to join the sequence in multiple lines to a single line..Is there a simple way in awk or sed to do this >ENST00000558922 cdna:KNOWN TCCAGGATCCAGCCTCCCGATCACCGCGCTAGTCCTCGCCCTGCCTGGGCTTCCCCAGAG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a single line with multiple lines in a file

Hi Am confused with the usage of "sed" command I want to replace a single line with multiple lines of a file.. eg., A file has Hi, How are you? I need to replace as Am fine What are You doing? I used the script as string1="Hi, How are you?" echo "$string1 is the value"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting - need to arrange the columns from multiple file into a single file

Hi friends please help me on below, i have 5 files like below file1 is x 10 y 20 z 15 file2 is x 100 z 245 file3 is y 78 z 23 file4 is x 100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
3 Replies
NDB_CPCD(1)						       MySQL Database System						       NDB_CPCD(1)

NAME
ndb_cpcd - automate testing of NDB (development use only) SYNOPSIS
ndb_cpcd options DESCRIPTION
A utility having this name was formerly part of an internal automated test framework used in testing and debugging MySQL Cluster. It was deprecated in MySQL Cluster NDB 7.0, and removed from MySQL Cluster distributions provided by Oracle beginning with MySQL Cluster NDB 7.2.1. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 NDB_CPCD(1)