Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automatically removing a file Post 302289390 by TDS on Thursday 19th of February 2009 01:42:45 PM
Old 02-19-2009
but i don't know how not to create it because it is created automatically when i run my sas program through the append statement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Rename Last Generated File

I'm trying to rename the last generated file in a given directory using a makefile. If I type 'make build' the 'build' target produces a file (ie: text_001.txt). It automatically generates them sequentially, so I don't have control over the name. I can't say that it will always be text_001.txt.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieter023
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing files automatically from a directory after 30 days.

Hello; I have a directory that is collecting log and act files. I need to write a script that will remove these files once they are 30 days old. I have read through a number of threads on this site that have given me a great deal of information. However I have what seems to be a unique... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinb_155
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change automatically the file names

Hi all, I need to replace automatically all special characters of one filename with some corresponding characters For example > ö --> oe ä --> ae .... If the special character comes more than one time, then all the coccuerences have to be replaced. I would like to have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKY
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from a file automatically. Please a Help

hello, hope you can help me: ive got a file called archivos The content or structure of this file is ./chu0/filechu ./chu1/filechu I extract each line from this file manually and redirect to a file, and it Works fine, so the command line is: awk ‘/chu0/ {print $0}' < archivos >... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading a csv file automatically

I want to automatically download a CSV file daily which can be found here: London Stock Exchange - Search and the link is named "Click to download covered warrants (100Kb)" on the right hand side. What commands can I use to invoke clicking on this link and initiating the download? And also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file privileges automatically

Hi, Is it possible to write and run a shell script for specific directory( Apache/htdocs) that changes root privilege read/write to chmod 755 when a program uploads a file (word,PPT,XSL,..) to that directory Thanks, Mk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkohan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving logs automatically but not removing

hello all, Need assistance on the subject line above. I have a logserver.log located at /usr/local/logserver. It's NSLOGDEPTH=100. I'm not sure if this is the reason but my log file retention is only up to 100 only.. sample logserver001.log logserver002.log ... ... logserver100.log ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

8. Linux

how to automatically create a file?

how can i automatically create a file on Linux? like a process that searches for the file and if the file does not exist, it automatically makes the file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roozis
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a file in vi and automatically save and quit this file using shell script

Hi friends, In my shell script, I want to open a file using vi editor. After opening the file in vi, I want to save and quit this file automatically.... all through shell script. the code segment is: ------------------------------------------------------------ cd ~/netfpga/projects/scone/sw/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinteotia
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically correct a File Name

Hi All Need a help to understand how one can automatically correct a file name using a shell script even if it is in a completely different format... Ex : adv_OK_0215_mem_rules_firing.txt / advex_0215_OK_me_rule_fire.txt (or in any other format as above) to :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
13 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)