Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: set array name dynamically
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting set array name dynamically Post 302289367 by stanleypane on Thursday 19th of February 2009 12:11:31 PM
Old 02-19-2009
Sorry, don't know what I was thinking. Bash doesn't even notate arrays starting with an '@'.

Anyhow, the easiest way in perl is to use hashes (associative arrays):

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

@i = qw(one two three);
$j = 1;

foreach (@i) {
  $hash{$_} = "\$hash{$_} = $j";
  $j++;
}

print "$hash{one}\n";
print "$hash{two}\n";
print "$hash{three}\n";

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set dynamically keys names in perl %hash

hello I have loop , in this loop im picking names , this names I want to be keys in %hash but I don't know how to set in every loop entertain different key in the %hash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i read array elements dynamically in bash?

Hi friends how can we read array elements dynamically in bash shell? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haisubbu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically setting an array

Hi Gurus, How do I dynamically set up an array. Below is my code if ] then set ecomm_task_limit = '${ecomm_srvr}' fi Here, I want to set values in the array "${ecomm_srvr}" into ecomm_task_limit upon each iteration. Finally I want to display all the values in the new array... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set a data to array

Hi All, Iam trying to set the value to the array... Still its not happening Following is the code: #!/usr/bin/ksh filenames="x"; filenames="y"; echo $filenames; echo $filenames; O/P: x x Iam expecting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result set into an array

Hi, I have an issue with the result set. I wanted to run db2 query against db2 server in unix environment using perl script. I wanted to get the result set into an array. $db=<<DB_Name>> connect to $db get connection state this is my query = SELECT DISTINCT 'R' FROM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create dynamically associative array in PHP?

Hi, I have an html page like this: <html> <body> <form action="test.php" method = "post"> Enter your name:<input name="search" type = "text" size ="40"> <br> Enter your age:<input name="age" type = "text" size ="20"> <input type = "submit" name="submit" value="search"> <input type =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding indices in an array nearest to a set of values

I have an two arrays. One array BINDIST consists of fences. I have another array XOFFS. Eg BINDIST = 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 XOFFS = 2 3 4 23 25 28 55 58 I want to find to find the indices of values in XOFFS that are closest to each BINDIST. My idea is to do as follows I create array... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from array and set those values as a variable

I am new to ksh scripting, specially array. How do i get values from an array and set the value as variable and pass those variables to the different functions?? someone taught me how to get input from a file with have columns i need to read, but now i doesnt know how to set those value to be a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash question: working with an array of previously set variable strings

while i've used arrays to work with variables, i've never used them to loop through a set of strings and wanted to ask the community for some feedback or assistance. let me be specific. here's my code: # URL port Variables port2195=`nc -z $url2195 2195` port2196=`nc -z $url2196 2196`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
5 Replies
Tie::RefHash(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Tie::RefHash(3perl)

NAME
Tie::RefHash - use references as hash keys SYNOPSIS
require 5.004; use Tie::RefHash; tie HASHVARIABLE, 'Tie::RefHash', LIST; tie HASHVARIABLE, 'Tie::RefHash::Nestable', LIST; untie HASHVARIABLE; DESCRIPTION
This module provides the ability to use references as hash keys if you first "tie" the hash variable to this module. Normally, only the keys of the tied hash itself are preserved as references; to use references as keys in hashes-of-hashes, use Tie::RefHash::Nestable, included as part of Tie::RefHash. It is implemented using the standard perl TIEHASH interface. Please see the "tie" entry in perlfunc(1) and perltie(1) for more information. The Nestable version works by looking for hash references being stored and converting them to tied hashes so that they too can have references as keys. This will happen without warning whenever you store a reference to one of your own hashes in the tied hash. EXAMPLE
use Tie::RefHash; tie %h, 'Tie::RefHash'; $a = []; $b = {}; $c = *main; $d = "gunk"; $e = sub { 'foo' }; %h = ($a => 1, $b => 2, $c => 3, $d => 4, $e => 5); $a->[0] = 'foo'; $b->{foo} = 'bar'; for (keys %h) { print ref($_), " "; } tie %h, 'Tie::RefHash::Nestable'; $h{$a}->{$b} = 1; for (keys %h, keys %{$h{$a}}) { print ref($_), " "; } THREAD SUPPORT
Tie::RefHash fully supports threading using the "CLONE" method. STORABLE SUPPORT
Storable hooks are provided for semantically correct serialization and cloning of tied refhashes. RELIC SUPPORT
This version of Tie::RefHash seems to no longer work with 5.004. This has not been throughly investigated. Patches welcome ;-) LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself MAINTAINER
Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@woobling.org> AUTHOR
Gurusamy Sarathy gsar@activestate.com 'Nestable' by Ed Avis ed@membled.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), perlfunc(1), perltie(1) perl v5.14.2 2011-09-19 Tie::RefHash(3perl)