Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: set array name dynamically
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting set array name dynamically Post 302289354 by esham on Thursday 19th of February 2009 11:36:18 AM
Old 02-19-2009
Sorry, i forgot to say that i am looking for perl.

Let me explain the problem once again. Need to set the variable name when assigning the data.

for example, in my program i am trying to put something like this

Code:
foreach(@i){
@array_$i = /something/;
}

intention is
@array_1=/something/;
@array_2=/something/;
etc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set dynamically keys names in perl %hash

hello I have loop , in this loop im picking names , this names I want to be keys in %hash but I don't know how to set in every loop entertain different key in the %hash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i read array elements dynamically in bash?

Hi friends how can we read array elements dynamically in bash shell? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haisubbu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically setting an array

Hi Gurus, How do I dynamically set up an array. Below is my code if ] then set ecomm_task_limit = '${ecomm_srvr}' fi Here, I want to set values in the array "${ecomm_srvr}" into ecomm_task_limit upon each iteration. Finally I want to display all the values in the new array... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set a data to array

Hi All, Iam trying to set the value to the array... Still its not happening Following is the code: #!/usr/bin/ksh filenames="x"; filenames="y"; echo $filenames; echo $filenames; O/P: x x Iam expecting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result set into an array

Hi, I have an issue with the result set. I wanted to run db2 query against db2 server in unix environment using perl script. I wanted to get the result set into an array. $db=<<DB_Name>> connect to $db get connection state this is my query = SELECT DISTINCT 'R' FROM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create dynamically associative array in PHP?

Hi, I have an html page like this: <html> <body> <form action="test.php" method = "post"> Enter your name:<input name="search" type = "text" size ="40"> <br> Enter your age:<input name="age" type = "text" size ="20"> <input type = "submit" name="submit" value="search"> <input type =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding indices in an array nearest to a set of values

I have an two arrays. One array BINDIST consists of fences. I have another array XOFFS. Eg BINDIST = 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 XOFFS = 2 3 4 23 25 28 55 58 I want to find to find the indices of values in XOFFS that are closest to each BINDIST. My idea is to do as follows I create array... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from array and set those values as a variable

I am new to ksh scripting, specially array. How do i get values from an array and set the value as variable and pass those variables to the different functions?? someone taught me how to get input from a file with have columns i need to read, but now i doesnt know how to set those value to be a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash question: working with an array of previously set variable strings

while i've used arrays to work with variables, i've never used them to loop through a set of strings and wanted to ask the community for some feedback or assistance. let me be specific. here's my code: # URL port Variables port2195=`nc -z $url2195 2195` port2196=`nc -z $url2196 2196`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)