Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users To enable sqlplus for a user in unix Post 302289319 by csorhand on Thursday 19th of February 2009 09:32:28 AM
Old 02-19-2009
Whiteboard,

After setting up the $ORACLE_HOME as Jim advise, you also need to verify if he has access to the sqlplus binaries. Setting up the $ORACLE_HOME and the permission to excute sqlplus will do.

Cheers!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to enable ifconfig to unprivileged user?

Hello, everyone. I have installed Red Hat 9.0 and Mandrake 9.1 on my computer. I could use a unprivileged user account to run "ifconfig" directly. But when I was using Red Hat, either root or other accounts could run "ifconfig" --- the error messege said: "bash: ifconfig: command not found". I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable a user via remsh

hi guys, has anybody a solution to enable a user via remsh (in a script)? i know only this: remsh $i /usr/bin/passwd -r files -d USERNAME but on this option the user must enter a new passwd. is it possible to set the passwd in the string or in a file and set a parameter into the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottl
1 Replies

3. Linux

How to Enable TELNET for root user

How to Enable TELNET for root user in Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi_13
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular user - enable printer - aix unix

how can I let a regular user enable a printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naes
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable user quota

hi! i would like to enable user quota on my system (FreeBSD 6.2) i've check on enabling user quota here but i still confuse with fstab it shows there: /dev/da1s2g /home ufs rw,userquota 1 2 but my current /etc/fstab : # Device Mountpoint FStype Options ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdns
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable hpet support in unix

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a machine, the BIOS doesn't offer a choice to enable/disable HPET, I know in Linux, the hpet.c file can be modified to turn on and off the hpet, I am looking for a way to do this in UNIX as well. Is there already code existed for the modification? If not can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAKAMOMO
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to enable guest user in ubuntu 10.04

Hi, do you know how to enable guest user in ubuntu lucid 10.04 ? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dagigg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Runtime Error Enable user directory apache

Hi I am exactly according to this link CentOS 6 - Apache httpd - Enable Userdir : Server World I Enabled userDirectory Server version: Apache/2.2.15 CentOS release 6.8 (Final) But Iget this Error Forbidden You don't have permission to access /~mn/index.html on this server Goal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies
OCI_SET_ACTION(3)														 OCI_SET_ACTION(3)

oci_set_action - Sets the action name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_action (resource $connection, string $action_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the action name for Oracle tracing. The action name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The action name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitor- ing such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $action_name - User chosen string up to 32 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the action <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the action oci_set_action($c, 'Friend Lookup'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the actions // being performed: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select action from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_ACTION(3)