Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find in given path do not want to traverse to its sub-directories Post 302289279 by pt14 on Thursday 19th of February 2009 07:09:34 AM
Old 02-19-2009
find /home/sponna/*.txt -prune -size +536c

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fastest way to traverse through large directories

Hi! I have thousands of sub-directories, and hundreds of thousands of files in them. What is the fast way to find out which files are older than a certain date? Is the "find" command the fastest? Or is there some other way? Right now I have a C script that traverses through and checks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedharange
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a file in sub-directories.. o/p just the path

Hello All, I am somehow stumped with this ting. 'Find' will sure show me.. but I want only thepath of all the occurences of the file in any of the sub-dirs.. Any help will be sincerely appreciated. thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive call to find files and directories in Shell script from current path.

################################################################ Copy this script to your path from where you want to search for all the files and directories in subdirectories recursively. ################################################################# code starts here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramit_Gupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find 777 permisson is there or not for Directories and sub-directories

Hi All, I am Oracle Apps Tech guy, I have a requirement to find 777 permission is there or not for all Folders and Sub-folders Under APPL_TOP (Folder/directory) with below conditions i) the directory names should start with xx..... (like xxau,xxcfi,xxcca...etc) and exclude the directory... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - traverse sub directories and get test case results

Hello, I need help in creating a PERL script for parsing test result files to get the results (pass or fail). Each test case execution generates a directory with few files among which we are interested in .result file. Lets say Testing is home directory. If i executed 2 test cases. It will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

OS X 'find' nogroup/nouser doesn't traverse directories?

flamingo:~ joliver$ sudo find / -nogroup find: /dev/fd/4: No such file or directory find: /home: No such file or directory find: /Library: No such file or directory find: /net: No such file or directory find: /Network: No such file or directory find: /private: No such file or directory find:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traverse through directories

Hi all, Require help in completing a shell script. i do have a total of 90 directories where in we have different sub-directories and one of the sub directory named logs I need to go inside the logs subdirectory and check if a particular log is present or not. for example below is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar t
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and traverse left and pick something from another pattern

I have a Text like below , Detailed Table Information Table(tableName:a1, dbName:default, owner:eedc_hdp_s_d-itm-e, createTime:1520514151, lastAccessTime:0, retention:0, sd:StorageDescriptor(cols:, location:hdfs://DBDP-Dev/apps/hive/warehouse/a1,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nv186000
6 Replies
Dpkg::Path(3)							   libdpkg-perl 						     Dpkg::Path(3)

NAME
Dpkg::Path - some common path handling functions DESCRIPTION
It provides some functions to handle various path. METHODS
get_pkg_root_dir($file) This function will scan upwards the hierarchy of directory to find out the directory which contains the "DEBIAN" sub-directory and it will return its path. This directory is the root directory of a package being built. If no DEBIAN subdirectory is found, it will return undef. relative_to_pkg_root($file) Returns the filename relative to get_pkg_root_dir($file). guess_pkg_root_dir($file) This function tries to guess the root directory of the package build tree. It will first use get_pkg_root_dir(), but it will fallback to a more imprecise check: namely it will use the parent directory that is a sub-directory of the debian directory. It can still return undef if a file outside of the debian sub-directory is provided. check_files_are_the_same($file1, $file2, $resolve_symlink) This function verifies that both files are the same by checking that the device numbers and the inode numbers returned by stat()/lstat() are the same. If $resolve_symlink is true then stat() is used, otherwise lstat() is used. canonpath($file) This function returns a cleaned path. It simplifies double //, and remove /./ and /../ intelligently. For /../ it simplifies the path only if the previous element is not a symlink. Thus it should only be used on real filenames. $newpath = resolve_symlink($symlink) Return the filename of the file pointed by the symlink. The new name is canonicalized by canonpath(). my $cmdpath = find_command($command) Return the path of the command if available on an absolute or relative path or on the $PATH, undef otherwise. my $control_file = get_control_path($pkg, $filetype) Return the path of the control file of type $filetype for the given package. my @control_files = get_control_path($pkg) Return the path of all available control files for the given package. my $file = find_build_file($basename) Selects the right variant of the given file: the arch-specific variant ("$basename.$arch") has priority over the OS-specific variant ("$basename.$os") which has priority over the default variant ("$basename"). If none of the files exists, then it returns undef. my @files = find_build_file($basename) Return the available variants of the given file. Returns an empty list if none of the files exists. CHANGES
Version 1.03 New function: find_build_file() Version 1.02 New function: get_control_path() Version 1.01 New function: find_command() AUTHOR
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>. 1.16.15 2014-06-05 Dpkg::Path(3)