Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find in given path do not want to traverse to its sub-directories Post 302289271 by pt14 on Thursday 19th of February 2009 06:53:58 AM
Old 02-19-2009
try using the -prune option

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fastest way to traverse through large directories

Hi! I have thousands of sub-directories, and hundreds of thousands of files in them. What is the fast way to find out which files are older than a certain date? Is the "find" command the fastest? Or is there some other way? Right now I have a C script that traverses through and checks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedharange
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a file in sub-directories.. o/p just the path

Hello All, I am somehow stumped with this ting. 'Find' will sure show me.. but I want only thepath of all the occurences of the file in any of the sub-dirs.. Any help will be sincerely appreciated. thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive call to find files and directories in Shell script from current path.

################################################################ Copy this script to your path from where you want to search for all the files and directories in subdirectories recursively. ################################################################# code starts here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramit_Gupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find 777 permisson is there or not for Directories and sub-directories

Hi All, I am Oracle Apps Tech guy, I have a requirement to find 777 permission is there or not for all Folders and Sub-folders Under APPL_TOP (Folder/directory) with below conditions i) the directory names should start with xx..... (like xxau,xxcfi,xxcca...etc) and exclude the directory... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - traverse sub directories and get test case results

Hello, I need help in creating a PERL script for parsing test result files to get the results (pass or fail). Each test case execution generates a directory with few files among which we are interested in .result file. Lets say Testing is home directory. If i executed 2 test cases. It will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

OS X 'find' nogroup/nouser doesn't traverse directories?

flamingo:~ joliver$ sudo find / -nogroup find: /dev/fd/4: No such file or directory find: /home: No such file or directory find: /Library: No such file or directory find: /net: No such file or directory find: /Network: No such file or directory find: /private: No such file or directory find:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traverse through directories

Hi all, Require help in completing a shell script. i do have a total of 90 directories where in we have different sub-directories and one of the sub directory named logs I need to go inside the logs subdirectory and check if a particular log is present or not. for example below is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar t
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and traverse left and pick something from another pattern

I have a Text like below , Detailed Table Information Table(tableName:a1, dbName:default, owner:eedc_hdp_s_d-itm-e, createTime:1520514151, lastAccessTime:0, retention:0, sd:StorageDescriptor(cols:, location:hdfs://DBDP-Dev/apps/hive/warehouse/a1,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nv186000
6 Replies
fslint-gui(1)							   User Commands						     fslint-gui(1)

NAME
fslint-gui - A GUI wrapper for the individual fslint command line tools SYNOPSIS
fslint-gui [OPTIONS] [PATHS] DESCRIPTION
fslint is a toolset to find various problems with filesystems, including duplicate files and problematic filenames etc. Individual command line tools are available in addition to the GUI and to access them, one can change to, or add to $PATH the /usr/share/fslint/fslint directory on a standard install. Each of these commands in that directory have a --help option which further details its parameters. findup - find DUPlicate files findnl - find Name Lint (problems with filenames) findu8 - find filenames with invalid utf8 encoding findbl - find Bad Links (various problems with symlinks) findsn - find Same Name (problems with clashing names) finded - find Empty Directories findid - find files with dead user IDs findns - find Non Stripped executables findrs - find Redundant Whitespace in files findtf - find Temporary Files findul - find possibly Unused Libraries zipdir - Reclaim wasted space in ext2 directory entries PARAMETERS
If [PATHS] are specified, they become the default search path, otherwise the current directory becomes the default. --version Display the fslint version and exit --help Display help for tool specific options AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <P@draigBrady.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Padraig Brady <P@draigBrady.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details, which is available at www.gnu.org fslint July 2009 fslint-gui(1)