Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help....generate command script Post 302289242 by Shahul on Thursday 19th of February 2009 05:36:12 AM
Old 02-19-2009
MySQL

Hi,

Sorry Not sure what you are trying to say...

if you want to change file name with respective timestamp then..

we can use below command inside script.....

cp 1233743158.log `date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.log

what else you want to do here..

Thanks
Sha

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to generate html file using script?

Hi Friends I have an requirement that i need to generate html file using script. and the script output shold keep adding to that html file like tablewise. can anyone please help me out in this. thanks Krish. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate a list of number

How can I generate a list of numbers and place all of these numbers in a line-by-line into a file. I am new to scripting actually. 0501000000 to 0509999999 i.e. 0501000000 0501000001 ...... 0509999999 set 02 0551000000 to 0559999999 i.e. 0551000000 0551000001 ...... 0559999999 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate command with awk

Hello, I have the line underneath generated by lssyscfg command: """51/client/1/pcyaz0hjfv00-vio1/651/c050760107fd0466,c050760107fd0467/1"",""52/client/2/pcyaz0hjfv01-vio2/652/c050760107fd0468,c050760107fd0469/1"",""31/client/1/pcyaz0hjfv00-vio1/375/c050760107fd046a,c050760107fd046b/1"""... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate cntl+c interrupt through script?

Hi all, can anyone tell me how to generate control+c interrupt through shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate passwd comb.

Hi I created a gnupg password which I later forgot clumsy enough (after a holiday). I can always create a new one but unfortunately I have some files on the computer that I encrypted with it and would like to access it. I remember parts of the password and was wondering what's the the best way to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaonline
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a script that will do the following

I need to write a shell script that will do all this: Go to server directory, for example (/xyz/outbound) In the outbound folder, get the list of the (old) directories created or modified at least two days before the date when script is run. The list will have the names of directories, some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chako_3
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need script to generate file.

Hi I have a file "test" with data as below 1,APRIL,NEW,"New market,delhi,pune,India",RECENT, 254664 2,MARCH,OLD,"New Area,Mumbai,UP,India",CURRENT, 152483 So I want a script which provides output as below 1,APRIL,RECENT,254664 2,MARCH,CURRENT,152483 I am aware we can use awk/sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate documentation for a shell script

Hi, I've written a shell script with proper intentation and commenting structure. However, I would like to generate documentation for the shell which I have written. Is there any tool as such to generate it like we have javagen/docgen ? Please help. Thanks, Arjun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I generate a script with an inverse action?

I have an interactive script which sorts and processes a variety of filetypes from an unsorted folder into newly created directories. The script works great, But I was wondering how I could generate a script with an inverse action so that I could unwind / undo the executed script and its sorting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
3 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors [-s min_timestamp] doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors [-s min_timestamp] The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. -s min_timestamp An integer value, representing seconds since the epoch - also known as Unix timestamp. When a min_timestamp was given, doveadm(1) will only show errors occurred since that point in time. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-11-24 DOVEADM-LOG(1)