Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting having problems with IF statements Post 302289081 by quirkasaurus on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 04:08:01 PM
Old 02-18-2009
forget $NULL -- that's not doing what you want....

first, why not just this:

Code:
if [ $# -ne 2 ]; then
  echo Usage: $0 data1 setdate
  echo where setdate is in mm/dd/yyyy format
  exit 1
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

or statements?

how do i do an or in an if-then statement? i tried: if ; then bleh fi how???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Major Awk problems (Searching, If statements, transposing etc.)

Please bare with me as task is very detailed and I'm extremely new to Awk/sed. Keep in mind I'm running windows so I'm using a dos prompt The attachment is a server report that I'm trying to manipulate with little success. For each server, I need to take the most recent information about them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blivo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if statements

This is for a program I have to do to calculate the day of the week. I need to write an if statement that will do the following: if day is 29 and year is odd, don't calculate dayif ( day == 29 && year == ??? )I know how to do it for the day but I don't know how to do it for the year. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP!! if statements

I am kind of new in Unix and i have to make a menu. I want to put an if statement in the menu. you should enter the filename and it goes to that file. How do i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with For Statements

Hi, I am trying to write a for statement that will allow for the ps, who, finger, and date commands to run. Can anyone help? I use Putty. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lexydoll87
22 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statements....

Good morning all! I want to know if Im interpreting this if statement below right. if(((1) || (0)) && (1)){ do stuff; } This is saying: if true piped into false, then true, then do stuff. Right? What does the && stand for? thanks in advance! ben (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using While and If statements

Hi guys, Two problems I need solving please. I created a script where the user types in 7 numbers as standard input and each one is then stored in an array. Now I need to perform the following calculations on those numbers: 1) Use a while loop to determine the largest number in the range. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjb1989
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if and then statements

I came across a bash script that outputs the forecast for the day and the max temperature but at the end of the day the max temperature disappears ($6) and I am left with "°C" after the forecast. Here is the script: #! /bin/bash curl -s --connect-timeout 30... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: _light_
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many if statements..

Hello. I am new here and new to scripting. I used to have a very basic script that worked for simple backup/restore of files. I have expanded it and well... I have ended up with a complete mess. It still backs up and restores but there is so many issues that stem from the many if statements I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameinn
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with if statements

Hi all, I habe a file called test.log, which contain following data : 0.0 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.3 0.4 0.4 0.6 8.7 8.8 17.2 I want to show the data which gater than 9.0 But my script not working. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
4 Replies
DATEFMT_SET_PATTERN(3)							 1						    DATEFMT_SET_PATTERN(3)

IntlDateFormatter::setPattern - Set the pattern used for the IntlDateFormatter

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool IntlDateFormatter::setPattern (string $pattern) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool datefmt_set_pattern (IntlDateFormatter $fmt, string $pattern) Set the pattern used for the IntlDateFormatter. PARAMETERS
o $fmt - The formatter resource. o $pattern - New pattern string to use. Possible patterns are documented at http://userguide.icu-project.org/formatparse/datetime. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Bad formatstrings are usually the cause of the failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 datefmt_set_pattern(3) example <?php $fmt = datefmt_create( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL,IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN, 'MM/dd/yyyy' ); echo 'pattern of the formatter is : ' . datefmt_get_pattern($fmt); echo 'First Formatted output with pattern is ' . datefmt_format($fmt, 0); datefmt_set_pattern($fmt, 'yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss z'); echo 'Now pattern of the formatter is : ' . datefmt_get_pattern($fmt); echo 'Second Formatted output with pattern is ' . datefmt_format($fmt, 0); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $fmt = new IntlDateFormatter( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL,IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN, 'MM/dd/yyyy' ); echo 'pattern of the formatter is : ' . $fmt->getPattern(); echo 'First Formatted output is ' . $fmt->format(0); $fmt->setPattern('yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss z'); echo 'Now pattern of the formatter is : ' . $fmt->getPattern(); echo 'Second Formatted output is ' . $fmt->format(0); ?> The above example will output: pattern of the formatter is : MM/dd/yyyy First Formatted output with pattern is 12/31/1969 Now pattern of the formatter is : yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss z Second Formatted output with pattern is 19690031 04:00:00 PST SEE ALSO
datefmt_get_pattern(3), datefmt_create(3). PHP Documentation Group DATEFMT_SET_PATTERN(3)