Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mkuser
Operating Systems AIX mkuser Post 302288982 by senmak on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 12:49:15 PM
Old 02-18-2009
mkuser

Can we create new user with same UID?? why do we need that and what is the purpose to create like that

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - Core dump when using mkuser

Hi all, I've got a strange problem here that is not documented in AIX FAQs and tech docs, and I was wondering if somebody out there encountered the same issue or had an idea to help me out. I'm using a script to create users with the "mkuser" command. I can set up any options I want (like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mkuser - how to initialize a password using this command

I need to give an initial password when creating a user via mkuser command. I'm using it in a script so that I don't have to login to each server and type in a passwd or pwdadm command. Thanks in advance. AIX environment. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX mkuser with password

Hi I want to create a user on AIX box. The only problem I have is I want to set it a password and the user doesn't have to change the password at his initial login. Is there any flag to do that. Any help would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandaru
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing variables to mkuser

In a ksh, I'm attempting to pass my string of arguments to the mkuser command in a variable as follows... cmd="pgrp=ACRGENU groups=ACRGENU home=/home/${USERID} shell=/usr/bin/ksh" cmd=$cmd" gecos='${USERNAME}' login=true su=false rlogin=true daemon=true" cmd=$cmd" admin=false... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubbawuzhere
4 Replies
PAM_ROOTOK(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						     PAM_ROOTOK(8)

NAME
pam_rootok - Gain only root access SYNOPSIS
pam_rootok.so [debug] DESCRIPTION
pam_rootok is a PAM module that authenticates the user if their UID is 0. Applications that are created setuid-root generally retain the UID of the user but run with the authority of an enhanced effective-UID. It is the real UID that is checked. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The auth, acct and password module types are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The UID is 0. PAM_AUTH_ERR The UID is not 0. EXAMPLES
In the case of the su(1) application the historical usage is to permit the superuser to adopt the identity of a lesser user without the use of a password. To obtain this behavior with PAM the following pair of lines are needed for the corresponding entry in the /etc/pam.d/su configuration file: # su authentication. Root is granted access by default. auth sufficient pam_rootok.so auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
su(1), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_rootok was written by Andrew G. Morgan, <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ROOTOK(8)