Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System status query script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting System status query script Post 302288925 by bakunin on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 10:09:51 AM
Old 02-18-2009
First, collect all the files from all the servers and save them. Go through them one after the other and compile a list of services to be available. Load this list in an array. Create a second array with corresponding subscripts consisting of empty string values.

Then go through the collected files a second time and write the server name to the second array when the respective service status is up.

Example: First step, get all the service names and create the two arrays, you end up with two arrays, looking like this:

Code:
servname[1]="service_1"
servname[2]="service_2"
servname[3]="service_3"

servhost[1]=""
servhost[2]=""
servhost[3]=""

Step two is going through the collected files and scan for service-host-relationships. If you find in the file of host1 that service_2 is up you would add "host1" to the content of $servhost[2], etc.

Last step is to go through the servname/servhost pair of arrays, and print the name of the service (from servname[]) follwoed by the list of hosts (from servhosts[]) to create the list you wanted.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

system status report script

hi i m new to this forum as well as UNIX. I've got an assignment but i don't know how can I start it. can anyone please help to tell me how can I start it? I added here few lines from my assignment. In industry, it is common for a single organisation to provide technical support for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
0 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP OID for System Status LED's

I am trying to locate the proper MIB and OID location, to determine if the system attention light is on IBM-702x servers running 5.x. Currently, we get this on our Blade Centers Management Modules at location: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.3.51.2.2.8.2.1.1.7.xx were xx is the actual Blade number. A value of 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stamfdf
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide status value from awk system command

Hi, When i use the system( ) function inside a awk, i am getting the ouput with a 0 appended in a new line. Can someone guide me to eliminate the extra line containing 0. Ex : awk -F"|" '{print system("convert.sh" $1}' The output is displayed with 0 in a new line. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muruganksk
8 Replies

5. Solaris

svc:/system/filesystem/local is always in maintenance status

Hello Friends, I need to change network filesystem status as online but it always seems in maintenance mode, I appreciate your any suggestion to change its state as online. shell>svcadm enable svc:/system/filesystem/local shell>svcs -l svc:/system/filesystem/local fmri ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file system status mail notifications

HI I want to get an e-mail @ my yahoo address when the file system used space gets more than 89% , & the message contents must be the outputs of df -g errpt netstat -i ??????? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Listing Live System Status

1. Edit a script named update.sh that generates status.html in your web directory: ~/public_html/. I need to write specific commands to show each specific item 2. The generated webpage should include information related to: UNIX : kernel version of ed-lab server USER : number of users on the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: devinj
13 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
RESOLVER(5)							File Formats Manual						       RESOLVER(5)

NAME
resolver - resolver configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/resolv.conf DESCRIPTION
The resolver is a set of routines in the C library (resolv(3)) that provide access to the Internet Domain Name System. The resolver con- figuration file contains information that is read by the resolver routines the first time they are invoked by a process. The file is designed to be human readable and contains a list of keywords with values that provide various types of resolver information. On a normally configured system this file should not be necessary. The only name server to be queried will be on the local machine, the domain name is determined from the host name, and the domain search path is constructed from the domain name. The different configuration options are: nameserver Internet address (in dot notation) of a name server that the resolver should query. Up to MAXNS (currently 3) name servers may be listed, one per keyword. If there are multiple servers, the resolver library queries them in the order listed. If no nameserver entries are present, the default is to use the name server on the local machine. (The algorithm used is to try a name server, and if the query times out, try the next, until out of name servers, then repeat trying all the name servers until a maximum number of retries are made). domain Local domain name. Most queries for names within this domain can use short names relative to the local domain. If no domain entry is present, the domain is determined from the local host name returned by gethostname(2); the domain part is taken to be everything after the first `.'. Finally, if the host name does not contain a domain part, the root domain is assumed. search Search list for host-name lookup. The search list is normally determined from the local domain name; by default, it begins with the local domain name, then successive parent domains that have at least two components in their names. This may be changed by listing the desired domain search path following the search keyword with spaces or tabs separating the names. Most resolver queries will be attempted using each component of the search path in turn until a match is found. Note that this process may be slow and will gen- erate a lot of network traffic if the servers for the listed domains are not local, and that queries will time out if no server is available for one of the domains. The search list is currently limited to six domains with a total of 256 characters. The domain and search keywords are mutually exclusive. If more than one instance of these keywords is present, the last instance will override. The keyword and value must appear on a single line, and the keyword (e.g. nameserver) must start the line. The value follows the keyword, separated by white space. FILES
/etc/resolv.conf SEE ALSO
gethostbyname(3N), resolver(3), hostname(7), named(8) Name Server Operations Guide for BIND 4th Berkeley Distribution December 14, 1989 RESOLVER(5)