Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System status query script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting System status query script Post 302288913 by quirkasaurus on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 09:54:15 AM
Old 02-18-2009
here's a working script.
you can set it up in cron... build another script to call this one in a loop with
some sleep statements in there....

ie:
Code:
while : ; do
call_this_script
sleep 60
done

Anyway, here's the working script:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

mkdir temp

cat << EOF |
server1
server2
server3
EOF
while read server ; do

rcp $server:xml_config_file temp/$server

done

cd temp

cat << EOF |
SMPP_SERVER
OLD_PAGING
OTHER SERVICES
EOF
while read service ; do

print -n "$service: "
  echo `grep -li "$service.*true" * |
    tr '\n' ,` |
    sed -e 's/,$//' -e 's/,/, /g'

done |
  tee ../log

... taking your formatting desires literally...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

system status report script

hi i m new to this forum as well as UNIX. I've got an assignment but i don't know how can I start it. can anyone please help to tell me how can I start it? I added here few lines from my assignment. In industry, it is common for a single organisation to provide technical support for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
0 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP OID for System Status LED's

I am trying to locate the proper MIB and OID location, to determine if the system attention light is on IBM-702x servers running 5.x. Currently, we get this on our Blade Centers Management Modules at location: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.3.51.2.2.8.2.1.1.7.xx were xx is the actual Blade number. A value of 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stamfdf
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide status value from awk system command

Hi, When i use the system( ) function inside a awk, i am getting the ouput with a 0 appended in a new line. Can someone guide me to eliminate the extra line containing 0. Ex : awk -F"|" '{print system("convert.sh" $1}' The output is displayed with 0 in a new line. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muruganksk
8 Replies

5. Solaris

svc:/system/filesystem/local is always in maintenance status

Hello Friends, I need to change network filesystem status as online but it always seems in maintenance mode, I appreciate your any suggestion to change its state as online. shell>svcadm enable svc:/system/filesystem/local shell>svcs -l svc:/system/filesystem/local fmri ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file system status mail notifications

HI I want to get an e-mail @ my yahoo address when the file system used space gets more than 89% , & the message contents must be the outputs of df -g errpt netstat -i ??????? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Listing Live System Status

1. Edit a script named update.sh that generates status.html in your web directory: ~/public_html/. I need to write specific commands to show each specific item 2. The generated webpage should include information related to: UNIX : kernel version of ed-lab server USER : number of users on the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: devinj
13 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
resolv.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						    resolv.conf(5)

Name
       resolv.conf - resolver configuration file

Description
       The  resolver  configuration  file, contains information that the resolver routines read the first time they are invoked by a process.  The
       resolver file contains ASCII text and lists the name-value pairs that provide various types of resolver information.

The file is required if your system is running BIND.  This file must contain the BIND domain name for the local area network.  If your sys-
       tem is a BIND client, this file must also contain nameserver entries.

There are two entry formats for the file:

domain binddomain
	      This  line  specifies  the  default  domain to append to local host names.  If no domain entries are present, the domain returned by
	      after the first dot (.) is used.	If the host name does not contain a domain, the root domain is assumed.

nameserver address
	      In this entry, the address is the IP address, in dot notation, of the BIND server that should be queried to resolve  host  name  and
	      address  information.   You should have at least one name server listed.	Two or more name servers reduces the possibility of inter-
	      rupted BIND service in the event that one of the servers is down.  You can list up to (10) name servers.	If more than one server is
	      listed,  the resolver library queries you to try them in the order listed.  If no name server entries are present, the default is to
	      use the name server on the local machine.

The algorithm used is to try a name server, and, if the query times out, to try the next, until out of name servers or the query	is
	      resolved.   The  last step is to repeat trying all the name servers until a maximum number of retries has been made or the query has
	      been resolved.

The name value pair must appear on a single line, and the keyword or must start each line.

Examples
       The following is an example of a file:
       ;
       ; Data file for a client
       ;
       domain	      cities.us
       nameserver     128.11.22.33
       Lines beginning with a semicolon (;) are comment lines.

Files
See Also
       gethostname(2), resolver(3), named(8)
       Guide to the BIND Service

resolv.conf(5)