Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting execute shell commands with in sftp Post 302288708 by tommy1 on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 07:13:03 PM
Old 02-17-2009
Thank you Revo!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell commands in awk script?

Greetings Friends, Suppose I wish to invoke some shell level commands inside an awk script how to do that? say I wish to use : "wc" on a record to count number of characters in a record Any clues? Thanks, Rishi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script within sftp session

Hi all , can any one tell me how to run a script within a sftp session. let me tell u in bit clear way : After I connected to sftp location , cd ing to some directory then I need to execute a one script. Please tell me if u have any idea on this . Looking forward to your reply guys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravan008
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: How to execute commands from another file?

I made a configuration file for my shell script in that all the values that the shell scipt needs, are defined, but I don't know how to let the shell script use those defined variables. Thank you for your help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkali
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to execute shell script on remote server with in sftp session

Hi, I want to execute shell script with in sftp session for remote server. like i have a shell script test.sh that is on local server.i want to execute that script on remote server sftp user@192.168.56.10 sftp> test.sh ---execute for remote server not for local server. sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAUD PASHA
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save and execute terminal commands in shell?

I frequently use some commands, which I want to save in some file say myregularshell.shthese are the commands I use, I tried saving and executing, but couldn't get the preview of execution, and result is also not coming if I copy same commands and paste it on terminal result is coming cd go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp commands not working in shell script

hi, i am having 2 linux boxes as source and 1 linux box as destination.i want to create a shell script containing code to transfer a csv file from either of the 2 linux boxes (file will be present in just one box, i need to check both the boxes to see which box has the csv file) to 3rd linux box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxlearn2013
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawn sftp and Shell commands

Hi everyone, I'm no killer in shell scripting, that is why I've searched and found a little script that explained how to do what I wanted to do : a FTP transfer from distant servers. I adapted it cause as such, it didn't work. As I needed to do some very simple shell commands (erase and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mederik
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to execute ssh remote commands

Hi, The below command is not giving me the count , Can somebody help me in re-writing this pls . Proc_Exist=`ssh -q -o "BatchMode=yes" -o "PasswordAuthentication=no" $OAUSER@${Primary_Node} ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep "${ICM_Proc}" |wc -l ` Also the same problem with below... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute application commands with shell script?

Hi Friends, We have a application "getstatus" which needs to run on application prompt. But it is not working with shell script. Example: Unix Root Prompt# execute "crp" to go to application prompt CRP>getstatus displays output of app health CRP>exit Unix Root Prompt# Script , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies
PERLEPOC(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PERLEPOC(1)

NAME
README.epoc - Perl for EPOC SYNOPSIS
Perl 5 README file for the EPOC Release 5 operating system. INTRODUCTION
EPOC is an OS for palmtops and mobile phones. For more informations look at: http://www.symbian.com/ This is a port of perl to the epocemx SDK by Eberhard Mattes, which itself uses the SDK by symbian. Essentially epocemx it is a POSIX look alike environment for the EPOC OS. For more information look at: http://epocemx.sourceforge.net/ perl and epocemx runs on Epoc Release 5 machines: Psion 5mx, 5mx Pro, Psion Revo, Psion Netbook and on the Ericsson M128. It may run on Epoc Release 3 Hardware (Series 5 classic), too. For more information about this hardware please refer to http://www.psion.com/ Vendors which like to have support for their devices are free to send me a sample. INSTALLING PERL ON EPOC
You can download a ready-to-install version from http://www.oflebbe.de/perl/perl5.html You will need at least ~6MB free space in order to install and run perl. Please install the emxusr.sis package from http://epocemx.sourceforge.net/ first. Install perl.sis on the EPOC machine. If you do not know how to do that, consult your PsiWin documentation. Perl itself and its standard library is using 4 MB disk space. Unicode support and some other modules are left out. (For details, please look into epoc/createpkg.pl). If you like to use these modules, you are free to copy them from a current perl release. STARTING PERL ON EPOC
Please use the epocemx shell to start perl. perl integrates with the conventions of epocemx. Features of Perl on Epoc The built-in function EPOC::getcwd returns the current directory. Restrictions of Perl on Epoc Features are left out, because of restrictions of the POSIX support in EPOC: o socket IO is only implemented poorly. You can only use sysread and syswrite on them. The commands read, write, print, <> do not work for sockets. This may change iff epocemx supports sockets. o kill, alarm and signals. Do not try to use them. This may be impossible to implement on EPOC. o select is missing. o binmode does not exist. (No CR LF to LF translation for text files) o EPOC does not handle the notion of current drive and current directory very well (i.e. not at all, but it tries hard to emulate one). See PATH. o Heap is limited to 4MB. o Dynamic loading is not implemented. Compiling Perl 5 on the EPOC cross compiling environment Sorry, this is far too short. o You will need the epocemx SDK from Eberhard Mattes. o Get the Perl sources from your nearest CPAN site. o Unpack the sources. o Build a native perl from this sources... Make sure to save the miniperl executable as miniperl.native. Start again from scratch cp epoc/* . ./Configure -S make cp miniperl.native miniperl touch miniperl.exe make perl createpkg.pl emxsis perl.pkg perl.sis SUPPORT STATUS OF PERL ON EPOC
I'm offering this port "as is". You can ask me questions, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to answer them. Since the port to epocemx is quite new, please check the web for updates first. Very special thanks to Eberhard Mattes for epocemx. AUTHOR
Olaf Flebbe <olaf@oflebbe.de> http://www.oflebbe.de/perl/perl5.html LAST UPDATE
2003-01-18 perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 PERLEPOC(1)