Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check file update on ftp server Post 302288607 by otheus on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 02:35:56 PM
Old 02-17-2009
Check out the Perl FTP module. Look for mdtm() method.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for FTP a file from one server to another server

Hi Can any one help me for script. I need a script and this script has to execute daily to move the files. FTP from one server to another server EX: Sep 10 06:24 abc.txt Sep 11 06.56 abc.txt Sep 12 08.23 abc.txt these files are located at a/b/c/e/f in 123 server and copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahantysk
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How check for a new file on a ftp-server

Hi there, I want to write a linux shellscript that checks a specific folder on a specific FTP-server whether there are new files or not. If there are new files I want to download them to a local directory (to gain access for an local application to these files). The problem is that the files I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monstrous
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Contantly check for file at the remote server and ftp when avaliable

Hello, I used the search engine but could not find the solution I am looking for. Probably its simple but I do not know the solution. My requirement is I ftp files every day in the morning from the remote server to the local machine. Now if the files are not there at the time I schedule the ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to check the file using ftp in a shell script

i need to write a shell script.. connecting to another server using ftp and check whether the file ter.txt is exists there or not. i have written scirpt partially,as i new to Unix. ftp -inv $FTPHOST > $TEMPFILE1 2> $TEMPFILE1 << EOF user $FTPUSER $FTPPW binary prompt ${CD} ls *.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to upload latest file to other server via FTP

Hello, I have a script that finds the latest version of a file in a folder on my Minecraft server. I'm trying to come up with something that will then FTP that file over to my fileserver. Here's what I have that finds the newest file: find /home/mc/archive/sbhouse -type f -mtime +45 -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read from a file and update remote server

Its a tough one and would appreciate any guidance for a script that i am trying to develop....Again I do understand its a complicated script and help would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you 1- Need to check for a file (in a certain location on a server) every 15 minute or so if it is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the space in ftp server

i am connected to the ftp server. how to check the space in that server. what is the command to check in the below command prompt ftp> ftp> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update/Download file from FTP server to UNIX Server

HI Guys, I want to download files from FTP Server to my Unix server. I have tried , buy No Luck . Below Command i have tried. 1-Wget - Error "wget' not found" 2.ftp -n $HOST ...Not Working. 3.scp -i ftp://user:passowrd@hostname:21/ran/on/test.txt Any Suggestion (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

FTP script to get latest file from server

Hello people, I have to download, with a scheduled script, the latest file from an FTP server. In the remote DIR, named .../TEKNONET/60468/, every night a CDR file like this gets uploaded into it: 000006046820151122N001.CDR, so my script will have to download every day the previous day... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtus96
12 Replies
KEP_RELOAD(1)						      General Commands Manual						     KEP_RELOAD(1)

NAME
kep_reload - Update Predict's Keplerian elements SYNOPSIS
kep_reload DESCRIPTION
KEP_RELOAD is a simple utility that forces an immediate reload of PREDICT's Keplerian database through a socket connection while PREDICT is running in server mode. It is especially useful in environments where PREDICT runs continuously, and periodic Keplerian element updates are made outside of PREDICT, such as through scripts run through a crontab. The "kepupdate" script found in this directory is an example of a Keplerian element update script that can be run on an automated basis through a crontab. It is designed to be placed in your home directory under a subdirectory called "cronjobs". It downloads Keplerian orbital data from www.celestrak.com using the HTTP protocol. (The "wget" utility, available from the Free Software Foundation, is required, and is included in many Linux distrubutions.) Type crontab -e to edit your crontab. Simply add the following entry: 0 8 * * * kepupdate and your orbital database will update each morning at 8:00 AM (provided you have a network connection at that time). See the crontab man page for more information on editing your crontab. AUTHOR
This man page was written by A. Maitland Bottoms, AA4HS, for Debian GNU/Linux. 31 August 2003 KEP_RELOAD(1)