Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting execute shell commands with in sftp Post 302288548 by tommy1 on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 02:12:18 PM
Old 02-17-2009
Please let me know if you have a solution to this problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell commands in awk script?

Greetings Friends, Suppose I wish to invoke some shell level commands inside an awk script how to do that? say I wish to use : "wc" on a record to count number of characters in a record Any clues? Thanks, Rishi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script within sftp session

Hi all , can any one tell me how to run a script within a sftp session. let me tell u in bit clear way : After I connected to sftp location , cd ing to some directory then I need to execute a one script. Please tell me if u have any idea on this . Looking forward to your reply guys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravan008
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: How to execute commands from another file?

I made a configuration file for my shell script in that all the values that the shell scipt needs, are defined, but I don't know how to let the shell script use those defined variables. Thank you for your help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkali
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to execute shell script on remote server with in sftp session

Hi, I want to execute shell script with in sftp session for remote server. like i have a shell script test.sh that is on local server.i want to execute that script on remote server sftp user@192.168.56.10 sftp> test.sh ---execute for remote server not for local server. sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAUD PASHA
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save and execute terminal commands in shell?

I frequently use some commands, which I want to save in some file say myregularshell.shthese are the commands I use, I tried saving and executing, but couldn't get the preview of execution, and result is also not coming if I copy same commands and paste it on terminal result is coming cd go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp commands not working in shell script

hi, i am having 2 linux boxes as source and 1 linux box as destination.i want to create a shell script containing code to transfer a csv file from either of the 2 linux boxes (file will be present in just one box, i need to check both the boxes to see which box has the csv file) to 3rd linux box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxlearn2013
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawn sftp and Shell commands

Hi everyone, I'm no killer in shell scripting, that is why I've searched and found a little script that explained how to do what I wanted to do : a FTP transfer from distant servers. I adapted it cause as such, it didn't work. As I needed to do some very simple shell commands (erase and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mederik
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to execute ssh remote commands

Hi, The below command is not giving me the count , Can somebody help me in re-writing this pls . Proc_Exist=`ssh -q -o "BatchMode=yes" -o "PasswordAuthentication=no" $OAUSER@${Primary_Node} ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep "${ICM_Proc}" |wc -l ` Also the same problem with below... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute application commands with shell script?

Hi Friends, We have a application "getstatus" which needs to run on application prompt. But it is not working with shell script. Example: Unix Root Prompt# execute "crp" to go to application prompt CRP>getstatus displays output of app health CRP>exit Unix Root Prompt# Script , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies
mccs(1) 						       Debian User's Manual							   mccs(1)

NAME
mccs - package dependency solver SYNOPSIS
mccs [options] DESCRIPTION
mccs (which stands for Multi Criteria CUDF Solver) is a solver for package dependency problems expressed in the CUDF format. By default, mccs reads a problem specification from standard input, and writes the solution to standard output. OPTIONS FOR CONTROLLING INPUT
/OUTPUT -i file Read input from file file instead of standard input. -o file Write the solution to file instead of standard output. -fo full solution output -v n set verbosity level to n. -h print this help OPTIONS FOR SELECTING THE SOLVER ENGINE
By default, mccs uses the cbc solving engine. -lpsolve use lpsolve solver -lp lpsolver specify a solving engine that takes the cplex input format. lpsolver is the path of a script that takes as input the file name con- taining the cplex input, and that produces the solution on standard output (an example for scip is given in /usr/share/doc/mccs/engines/sciplp). -pblib pbsolver use pseudo-Boolean solver pbsolver as solving engine. -nosolve do not solve the problem (for debugging) OPTIONS FOR CONTROLLING CONSTRAINT GENERATION
-noreduce do not reduce the initial problem -only-agregate-constraints generate only agregate constraints -only-desagregate-constraints generate only deagregate constraints (default) -all-constraints generate all kind of constraints (ensure redundancy) OPTIONS FOR CONTROLLING OPTIMIZATION
See the file /usr/share/doc/mccs/README.optimization-criteria for a full grammar of optimization criteria. EXAMPLES
An example input file can be found at /usr/share/doc/mccs/examples/legacy.cudf. mccs -i legacy.cudf calls mccs on examples/legacy.cudf and prints the solution on stdout. With such a call mccs will resort to the default underlying solver cbc and use a default criterion to solve the problem. mccs -i legacy.cudf -o sol -lexagregate[-removed,-changed] -lpsolve Here, mccs puts the solution into the file "sol" and solves the problem using the lpsolve solver with the paranoid criterion, which con- sists of first minimizing the number of removed packaged, and then the number of packages that change installation status or installed ver- sion. mccs -i legacy.cudf -o sol -lexsemiagregate[-removed,-notuptodate, -nunsat[recommends:,true],-new] The criterion used here is the trendy criterion, which consists of first minimizing the number of package removals, then to minimize the number of installed packages that are installed in a version older the most recent available version, then to minimize the number of recom- mendations of installed packages that are not satisfied, and finally the number of newly installed packages. AUTHOR
mccs has been written by Claude Michel <cpjm@polytech.unice.fr>. The development of mccs has been partly supported by the European research project Mancoosi. 9 May 2011 mccs(1)