Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications CVS recursive diff -- how to exclude specific directories? Post 302288526 by airon23bball on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 01:28:36 PM
Old 02-17-2009
CVS recursive diff -- how to exclude specific directories?

I think I've seen out there that there is a command to ignore specific files within a directory when doing a (-R) recursive diff. I've never used this so I was wondering if there was anyone who could provide an example how I would run this. My thoughts are something like:
cvs diff -i <fileName1> <fileName2>...
and then can I just enter every fileName I want to ignore and not do the diff? I also saw something like: `cvs-diff-ignore-marks'
that looks like it customizes some toggle or flag so it'll know which files to diff and which ones to ignore.
Is there anyone who could help with how I might go about this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNUTAR exclude directories

Hi, Can anyone help me with the following: I want to make a backup from my (AIX) system. But I don't want to backup a couple of temp-directories. I tried it with the X-option, but that didn't work. I hope that someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Corine (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBlueLady
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep recursive directories

I am trying to locate a file or files with specific data in them. Problem is the file(s) could reside in any one of many directories. My question is. Is there a way of recursively greping directories for the file(s) with the data I am looking for. I have tried - 1. $HOME> grep 47518 | ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cvs diff then commit

I would like to run a cvs diff to check which files have been changed and then cvs commit these changed files. Does anyone have a shell script which will automate this process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alangibson
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive chmod that only affects directories?

The man page for chmod doesn't list a way to recursively change permissions on directories only, without affecting the files themselves. Let's say that I wanted to change the permissions on the current directory and all subdirectories. I know I can write a bash script that would do this using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: retrovertigo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find but exclude directories

Hello, I have a line in my script to find the files changed in the last 24 hours. It is as below: find /home/hary -type f -mtime -1 I now want to exclude a directory named "/home/hary/temp/cache" from the above find command. How do I add it to my script? Any help is appreciated. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tadi18
9 Replies

6. AIX

recursive archive directories and subdirectories

Hi everyone, Maybe this is simple question for many of you, but I get confused.:confused: How to archive a parent directory which contains some subdirectories and some files? I have searched this forum, there are some commands like tar,etc, I tried but can not be implemented in my system.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude the empty directories

Hi., I have a script, in which I am processing a files present in the directory types. ls -lrt | grep ^d | grep Dir_type | awk -f '{print $9}' |\ while read dir_name; do #operations done where Dir_type is the pattern in which directories get created. How to filter out empty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive looping through files and directories

hi; i need a script which will go to all directories and subdirectories and print the filenames as follow; here i m printing only files listing in current directory reason i m doing this is coz i want to perform some operations according to filename achieved so cant use find command;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Git diff exclude swapped lines

Hi, I am doing aws security group auditing every day to find the difference. I am using git to find the difference. But some times some security group rules order is changing up and down(swapping lines). So 'git diff' command gives this as a difference which i dont want(i need only new lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobycxa
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Chattr recursive exclude directory

Attempting to recursive chattr directories while excluding a directory, however the command which works with chown does not seem to with chattr find /mysite/public_html ! -wholename '/mysite/public_html/images' -type d -exec chattr -R +i {} \; find /mysite/public_html -not -path "*/images*"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carnagel
2 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)