Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Trying to install libxml2-2.6.31.tar.gz on opensuse 11.0. Post 302288452 by jgrogan on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 09:22:19 AM
Old 02-17-2009
Did you

make install
or
sudo make install
?

Try sudo make install (if you have not already...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install gzip.tar in sco unix os

thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsun5
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install a tar file?

how can i install a *.tar file? and if the file is dirver is it the same? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

3. Linux

Getting Aubit4GL to compile and install on OpenSuSE 11

Hi there Have anybody been successful in getting the Aubit4GL compiler to successfully compile and install on OpenSuSE 11? Regards Libs (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Librarian
3 Replies

4. Linux

The install tar.gz package must be specified as the first argument!

I just tried to unzip the tar.gz installation file with gzip -d file.tar.gz and then tar -xvf file.tar. ThenI tried to install with command ./install.sh, i got the following error... The install tar.gz package must be specified as the first argument! Any one have an idea why this error.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unpack and install .tar.bz2 library ?

Hi, I am trying to unpack and install .tar.bz2 library. I was told to cd / and than tar -jxvf /source-of-library-file?...tar.bz2 to get files unpacked and installed into / Darius $ pwd / $ $ tar -jxvf /tmp/local/root/ncurses-dev-addon.tar.bz2 ncurses-dev-addon/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install new version of tar under solaris 9

Hello, I'm trying to install new version of tar under solaris "tar-1.23-sol9-sparc-local.gz" in Solaris, I downloaded this version from sunfreeware.com I unzip it and I found only binaire file no Readme... some one vcan help ?? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sigma
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to install .tar.tgz file in AIX 6.1?

Hello, I have openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.tgz file which I have downloaded from https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/reg/download.do?source=aixbp&S_PKG=openssl siteThe website says that the file name is openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.z but when downloaded I get openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.tgz as the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

10. Linux

How to install *.pkg.tar.tar on Linux?

Hi Guys, I need some suggestion as how to install openssl-1.0.1.g-1-i686.pkg.tar.tar openssl-1.0.1.g-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.tar on Linux system? is for 32bit system and other is for 64 bit system linux machine. How to untar them? I tried few commands but did not work. I need to upgrade to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
5 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)