Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sharing DVD Drive in LDoms Environment Post 302288210 by StarSol on Monday 16th of February 2009 05:41:26 PM
Old 02-16-2009
Thanks incredible for the document and thanks taran for the procedure. In the document it says that "A future release will provide virtualized access to DVD/CD-ROM in service domains"; but I guess the procedure provided by taran is for LDoms 1.1; please confirm.

When inserting a DVD, I am getting an error repeatedly says "/usr/sbin/vold[3031]: vol_init: already a daemon running" and then "svc.startd[7]: system/filesystem/volfs:default failed repeatedly: transitioned to maintenance (see 'svcs -xv' for details)"! Not sure if this is related to LDoms or not.

Last edited by StarSol; 02-16-2009 at 07:04 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sharing Tape Drive from other machine

Pls. correct me for the required steps which we need to do to share the Tape drive or whatever drive from other machine in network . 1.related files : /etc/hosts ,/etc/hosts.equiv , ....? 2. we need to insert the user & machine name inside hosts.equiv . (machinname1 username1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a Unix Drive Over The Internet ... but

I don't know if this can be done, otherwise, my project will come to a screeching halt. I have a SCO 5.0.5 machine connected to the internet with a static IP address. I need to be able to share a drive : /shareddrive I need to map to it from a windows machine: hence, what i'd like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to burn a CD/DVD in solaris8 environment

Hi, Boss Now i update my Ultra 10 with a DVD-R/W. but i do not know how to burn a date DVD or a self-Run iso date. any body can give me some advice? like which burner or software can be used in my system?:o BTW,my O/S is Solaris 8 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
8 Replies

4. AIX

Sharing a tape drive across the network.

I'm building a new server that doesn't have an internal tape drive. It is running 5.3ML8. I have another server running 5.1ML9 that has an LTO1 drive I'd like to share. Is this possible, or should I look into twin-tailing it, if that's even supported anymore. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommysalami
0 Replies

5. AIX

dvd media in drive

Hello, It's some tool in AIX to check what kind of media (DVD+RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM) is inserted in drive? In linux there is very nice tool called dvd+rw-mediainfo. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sharing devices (tape drive) to local zone

I have to setup a local zone and need to share the fiber attached tape drive that is connected to the global zone. What is the best way to do this? Will sharing the /dev/rmt directory via lofs work? Any help is appreciated! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

7. AIX

Sharing tape drive across systems

Is it possible to NFS mount raw tape drive device file ( /dev/rmt0) across system ? I make a mksysb image on local disk and am trying to copy a mksysb image to a tape, but the tape drive is attached to a server which is at a lower TL I don't think there is way to NFS mount a tape drive in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount the cd/dvd drive

· Next, you will need to install the software package that provides DHCP services (a.k.a. the DHCP daemon software). It is located on the installation DVD ISO image for the CentOS Linux Distribution. Associate the (Disc 1 of 2) DVD ISO with the virtual machine's CD/DVD optical drive, create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
1 Replies

9. AIX

problem on sharing cdrom drive in AIX with linux

HI i have setuped a nfs between a AIX system and a linux os ,keeping AIX as sever i need to share the CDrom in AIX server with the linux operating system. ie. linux os machine does't have a cdrom . will i be able be share ..i tried a lot but it gives a message which resembles NFS access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguraja
3 Replies
volmissing(1)							   User Commands						     volmissing(1)

NAME
volmissing - notify user that volume requested is not in the CD-ROM or floppy drive SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/vold/volmissing [-c] [-p] [-s] [-m alias] DESCRIPTION
volmissing informs a user when a requested volume is not available. Depending on the option selected, users are notified through their console window, syslogd(1M), or a mail message. volmissing -p is the default action taken by vold(1M), the Volume Management daemon, when it needs to notify a user that the requested vol- ume is not available. If you want to change this default event, modify the /etc/vold.conf file. See vold.conf(4). You can change the notification method for your system by editing the vold.conf configuration file and providing a new option for volmiss- ing in the notify entry under the Events category. OPTIONS
-c Send a message to the user's console requesting the volume be inserted. To end the notification without inserting the requested volume, use volcancel(1). -p All volmissing events will be handled through a GUI, provided a window system is running on the console. If this option is specified, and no window system is running, all messages go to the system console. -s Send one message to the syslogd(1M). -m alias Send a mail message to the specified mail alias about the missing volume. FILES
/etc/vold.conf Volume Management daemon configuration file. Directs the Volume Management daemon to control cer- tain devices, and causes action to be taken when specific criteria is met. /usr/lib/vold/volmissing_popup Pop-up used when the -p option is supplied and a window system is running. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
volcancel(1), volcheck(1), rmmount(1M), syslogd(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), vold.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) SunOS 5.10 7 Apr 1994 volmissing(1)