Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T2000 - Fault at MB/FF_POK
Operating Systems Solaris T2000 - Fault at MB/FF_POK Post 302288110 by StarSol on Monday 16th of February 2009 01:56:29 PM
Old 02-16-2009
Check the power and make sure it provides the proper voltage or try another power source to isolate that part

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

t2000 DNS issue

I have an issue with DNS on a solaris t2000 When I set up the zones there was an issue with the /etc/resolv.conf, I had made a typo in my DNS server. I only noticed this after creating my new zones. I have corrected this in the global zone and I am now able to ping and nslookup inthe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james dewitt
2 Replies

2. Solaris

T2000 - devfsadm problem

Hi everyone, I am having a problem when running devfsadm. We have many T2000, but on one of them, that is connected to our SAN, devfsadm reports no new disks. If a reconfiguration reboot is done, the system reports the new disk. But only with a reboot. We have Solaris10 installed and Veritas... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfotop
13 Replies

3. Solaris

T2000 Hardware RAID

Hi, I have a root with hardware RAID on c0t0d0 and c0t2d0. I would like to set the boot device sequence in OBP for both hdds. I have checked in ls -l /dev/rdsk/ for the path of c0t2d0 but it does not exist. Can anyone shed some lights on this? AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
12 Replies

4. Solaris

SF T2000 prtdiag problem

Hi, a couple of T2000 servers did not show the component status and the output was too short. There was a patch that needed to be installed. I also updated to the latest recommended patch cluster and OBP patch. After reboot/restart of picl, it worked ok for a couple of weeks. Then suddenly it went... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
12 Replies

5. Solaris

T2000 RAID Question

New to the boards here so please bear with me! I have a T2000 server with Solaris 10 installed on it. Disk 0 is the only disk currently being used, as I do NOT have a RAID set up. Disk 1 is just sitting there looking pretty. I'd like to set up a mirrored RAID in order to fully utilize both... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phi148
5 Replies

6. Solaris

T2000 Server cannot power on

Hi All, I recently had issues with my new T2000 server. I purchased a new mainboard and swapped the CPU and DIMMs to the new board. Now when i power on the server im unable to do so. I get the following error: ‘SC Alert: Host system poweron failed due to fault at MB/FF_POK.' When i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Caully
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Raid problem on T2000

Hi all, First post so be gentile :) It's my first time installing Solaris on T2000 server. I have 2 72GB HD's on it. After configuring HW raid and running raidctl command I get this output: bash-3.00# raidctl -l c0t0d0 Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Obi-Wan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun T2000 question

This may be a stupid question, but I don't want to take any chances. I have a Sun T2000 in production. I want to run the "resetsc" command on the ALOM controller to active an IP address change. Will resetting ALOM affect the running OS? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

T2000 Alom Upgrade

Hi guys! I need to upgrade the fw version of some T2000 servers, but unfortunately the image downloaded from the Oracle does not work...it seems that the image is not supported on the platform.. bash-3.00$ uname -a SunOS adm01 5.10 Generic_141414-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
5 Replies

10. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies
power(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 power(9E)

NAME
power - power a device attached to the system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixpower(dev_info_t *dip, int component, int level); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required. If the driver writer does not supply this entry point, the value NULL must be used in the cb_ops(9S) structure instead. PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. component Component of the driver to be managed. level Desired component power level. DESCRIPTION
The power(9E) function is the device-specific Power Management entry point. This function is called when the system wants the driver to set the power level of component to level. The level argument is the driver-defined power level to which the component needs to be set. Except for power level 0, which is inter- preted by the framework to mean "powered off," the interpretation of level is entirely up to the driver. The component argument is the component of the device to be power-managed. The interpretation of component is entirely up to the driver. When a requested power transition would cause the device to lose state, the driver must save the state of the device in memory. When a requested power transition requires state to be restored, the driver must restore that state. If a requested power transition for one component requires another component to change power state before it can be completed, the driver must call pm_raise_power(9F) to get the other component changed, and the power(9E) entry point must support being re-entered. If the system requests an inappropriate power transition for the device (for example, a request to power down a device which has just become busy), then the power level should not be changed and power should return DDI_FAILURE. RETURN VALUES
The power() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the power to the requested level. DDI_FAILURE Failed to set the power to the requested level. CONTEXT
The power() function is called from user or kernel context only. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attach(9E), detach(9E), pm_busy_component(9F), pm_idle_component(9F), pm_raise_power(9F), cb_ops(9S) Writing Device Drivers Using Power Management SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2003 power(9E)