Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: putty groups
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions putty groups Post 302287873 by karthikn7974 on Monday 16th of February 2009 02:08:31 AM
Old 02-16-2009
putty groups

Hi all,

need info on using putty as group.
I am having huge numbers of servers. (say 100)

I am using putty to login remotely. i want to group each 25 hostnames or a set of servers into one putty instance. (see image attached.)

Currently i have to scroll down to see all the 100 servers.

As i am looking for any option to have few shortcuts for putty and to save 25 hostnames as sessions so that i can have 4 groups of 100 clients
but i tried copying putty.exe to few different locations and drives in my system and created shorcuts for each. but i see the old sessions saved for putty instance from different locations.

is there any way.

thanks with anticipation
putty groups-group_puttyjpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question about groups

:p I have a very elementary question that is kind of buggin me because I cannot figure it out. 1. How do you make a new group, give it a name, and assign permissions to specific users to access this group? 2. How do you delete a file that begins with a '-'? 3. How do you login as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorro
1 Replies

2. AIX

Where are my groups

Hello A couple of weeks ago, I added a user to an AIX 5.3 system. I go to add one today, and it appears that when creating a user in smit, I cannot see any groups. No primary groups No Group set No Admin Groups The /etc/group and etc/secuity/group files seem to be intact. I did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
4 Replies

3. Solaris

groups

how to create 1000 users in 1 group (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
0 Replies

4. Solaris

groups

1 user in member of 4 groups find file permissions and default group (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Groups access

Hi all, Can someone tell me how I can get around this problem. Basically I use the HP-UX OS and I work with 2 top level directories. /z/group1 /z/group2 these 2 dirs are managed where group1 can only be access by one set of users and group2 another. This is managed by adding the 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Groups in Unix ???

What is Primary group and Secondary Group in Unix.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Groups

Must I be in a group? I am using Ubuntu and am the only user on my PC. I know how to change groups but do not see a way to not be in a group. Any help would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthepines
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

umask and groups

Hi I see that I can use umask to set the default permissions on files created by a script like so - umask u=rwx,g=rwx,o= So that would grant rwx to the user and group. My question is how do I control the group this applies to? I want a script to create files under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Groups is not visible

OS : SunOS 5.8 I am trying to add a user ad3059 to the following groups, A B C D ( four groups A,B,C,D) When i use usermod command and add the user to the above groups, and go to > groups ad3059 other C D It doesnt show A and B groups and shows it as other.Please advice on how... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi2089
13 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 groups

I have a Solaris 10 system inherited from several previous admins. While trying to decipher a permissions issue, I ran "grpck" and it reported a ton of errors. Among them were these: 1. group name too long 2. group name contains illegal characters (special chars or caps) 3. group membership... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
2 Replies
CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS - set preferred DNS servers SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS, char *servers); DESCRIPTION
Pass a char * that is the list of DNS servers to be used instead of the system default. The format of the dns servers option is: host[:port][,host[:port]]... For example: 192.168.1.100,192.168.1.101,3.4.5.6 The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
NULL - use system default PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
This option requires that libcurl was built with a resolver backend that supports this operation. The c-ares backend is the only such one. Added in 7.24.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN if support was disabled at compile-time, CURLE_BAD_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT when given an invalid server list, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_DNS_LOCAL_IP4(3), CURLOPT_DNS_CACHE_TIMEOUT(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)