Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to compare all the config files in a cluster of servers. Post 302287839 by cfajohnson on Sunday 15th of February 2009 10:51:40 PM
Old 02-15-2009
Code:
hostlist='bpon01 bpon02 bpon03 bpon04 bpon05
bpon06 bpon07 bpon08 bpon09 bpon10 bpon11
bpon12 bpon13 bpon14 bpon15'

for host in $hostlist
do
   ssh "$host" "diff App_B.cfg App_B.cfg.021509 >> logfile"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a sheel script to compare no of file on diffrent servers

i have serverA and serverB and i have a folder with same name an location in both servers.... Now i want to compare files in folder(serverA) with folder (serverB) if there are files missing in folderB then copy those files from folder(serverA) to folder(serverB) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashahzad
1 Replies

2. Web Development

bash script editing my apache config files

okay i'm going to try to say this uber-simple: I use dropbox (file-sync service). in order for dropbox sync files, they must be its children eg. somewhere under /home/jzacsh/Dropbox]. I want to now use it to keep my development files in sync across my machines: easy: just move my dev. files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to login to several servers and get files

Hi ppl, I am looking out for a shell script a. That would have to login(from a main server) to say 16 servers individually. b.On each server go to a particular location, check if a particular file is generated on a date(say every sunday it gets generated and i would be interested in the latest... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help related to Script to move files depending on config values

Hi All, I am new to Unix scripting, I have requirement where I need to read the key value pair from config file. Sample Config file: Key(File Pattern) Value(File Directory location) test /Users/Bkumar/Downloads/testdir prod ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbpkumar7
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List and Compare Files accross different servers.

Hi all, This is my situation. First thing is I cannot use rsync to accomplish this. I don't have on my systems and we can't put it on. I run HP-UX 11v3. I have a list of files generated every day which tells me which files are not in sync with the rest of the servers.I want to ls -l the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the files in 2 different servers for change or modification

I have the following requirement; I need to compare set of files in 2 different servers A and B. Both have same sets of files and directory structure First I need to move the files from Server A to server B Compare the corresponding file in B server and see if it has modified (not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files in 2 servers

I need to compare same set of files in 2 different servers and generate a list (in STDOUT) which contain all the files that have changed. I don't have permission to create any temp files or folders in either servers. - One option is to use ' if '. But for this I need to move file1 to one server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to compare values between servers

Hi I am a beginner in UNIX and shell scripting and i have a requirement as stated below, requirement Login to a unix server 1 1. connect to a database mysql -uUsername -pPassword 2. Select a Schema : "Use Schemaname1" 3. query for a particular record ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hamdul
2 Replies
KRB5_GET_KRBHST(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					KRB5_GET_KRBHST(3)

NAME
krb5_get_krbhst, krb5_get_krb_admin_hst, krb5_get_krb_changepw_hst, krb5_get_krb524hst, krb5_free_krbhst -- lookup Kerberos KDC hosts LIBRARY
Kerberos 5 Library (libkrb5, -lkrb5) SYNOPSIS
#include <krb5.h> krb5_error_code krb5_get_krbhst(krb5_context context, const krb5_realm *realm, char ***hostlist); krb5_error_code krb5_get_krb_admin_hst(krb5_context context, const krb5_realm *realm, char ***hostlist); krb5_error_code krb5_get_krb_changepw_hst(krb5_context context, const krb5_realm *realm, char ***hostlist); krb5_error_code krb5_get_krb524hst(krb5_context context, const krb5_realm *realm, char ***hostlist); krb5_error_code krb5_free_krbhst(krb5_context context, char **hostlist); DESCRIPTION
These functions implement the old API to get a list of Kerberos hosts, and are thus similar to the krb5_krbhst_init() functions. However, since these functions returns all hosts in one go, they potentially have to do more lookups than necessary. These functions remain for com- patibility reasons. After a call to one of these functions, hostlist is a NULL terminated list of strings, pointing to the requested Kerberos hosts. These should be freed with krb5_free_krbhst() when done with. EXAMPLES
The following code will print the KDCs of the realm ``MY.REALM''. char **hosts, **p; krb5_get_krbhst(context, "MY.REALM", &hosts); for(p = hosts; *p; p++) printf("%s ", *p); krb5_free_krbhst(context, hosts); SEE ALSO
krb5_krbhst_init(3) HEIMDAL
April 24, 2005 HEIMDAL