Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to redirect back to stdout Post 302287729 by Corona688 on Sunday 15th of February 2009 11:47:19 AM
Old 02-15-2009
You need to make a copy of stderr with dup() before the redirection happens, then copy it overtop of your own stderr after the redirection with dup2().

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect stdout and stderr

How can I redirect and append stdout and stderr to a file when using cron? Here is my crontab file: */5 * * * * /dir/php /dir/process_fns.php >>& /dir/dump.txt Cron gives me an 'unexpected character found in line' when trying to add my crontab file. Regards, Zach Curtis POPULUS (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcurtis
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with redirect stdout to file

Hi all hope you can help as I am going MAD!!! :eek: The below is in a shell script but the redirection in the sed line does not work and outputs to the screen and the $fname_2 does note get created ????? Can any one help ?? #!/bin/ksh cd /app/ for fname in `ls -1 X*` do sed 1d $fname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stdout back to tty

Hi everyone! Well, this is the thing.. I sent a process's stdout to /dev/null. This process is very time consuming and after a week it keeps running, what I need is to switch the stdout back to screen to see what's going on. Anyone know if it's possible and how to do it? Thanks and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

STDOUT redirect to a FILE, when fuser command is used !!

Hi all, I have the following script: ------------------------------------------------- #SCRIPT TO CHECK WHO HAS ACCESSED THE LOG/FILE IN PAST 'N' MINUTES, AND MAIL ACCORDINGLY. MYPATH="/clocal/mqbrkrs/user/mqsiadm/sanjay/" MAIL_RECIPIENTS="vg517@dcx.com" Subject="File accessed in last... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect stderr and stdout to a file

Hi friends I am facing one problem while redirecting the out of the stderr and stdout to a file let example my problem with a simple example I have a file (say test.sh)in which i run 2 command in the background ps -ef & ls & and now i am run this file and redirect the output to a file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushantnirwan
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to put the STDOUT back to terminal

I have put the file descriptor 1 to file, using command exec 1>>out.txt Then I could not see any output on the screen, how could I restore the default output to terminal? :mad: Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
3 Replies

7. Programming

redirect stdout

hello again! i use dup2 to redirect stdout. I run what i want, now i want undo this redirection. how can i do that? thanx in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect STDOUT to a file in a subshell

Hi, I would like to avoid re-directing line by line to a file. What is the best way to re-direct STDOUT to a file in a subshell? Thanks in advance. Cheers Vj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tnvee
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Redirect STDOUT and STDERR of chsh

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out! Forgot to put backslashes in my perl script to not process literals! Hi everyone. I am trying to have this command pass silently. (no output) chsh -s /bin/sh news Currently it outputs. I've tried.... &> /dev/null 1> /dev/null 2>&1 /dev/null 1>&2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinharris43
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bizzare behavior on redirect of stdout

Oracle Linux 5.6 64-bit (derivative of RHEL) Dear Ann Landers, This is about as bizarre as anything I've ever seen. I have a little test script I've been working with. When I redirect stdout to a file, no file. Make a copy of the script to another name. Execute it and redirect stdout, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
4 Replies
CURLOPT_POSTREDIR(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					      CURLOPT_POSTREDIR(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_POSTREDIR - how to act on a HTTP POST redirect SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_POSTREDIR, long bitmask); DESCRIPTION
Pass a bitmask to control how libcurl acts on redirects after POSTs that get a 301, 302 or 303 response back. A parameter with bit 0 set (value CURL_REDIR_POST_301) tells the library to respect RFC 7231 (section 6.4.2 to 6.4.4) and not convert POST requests into GET requests when following a 301 redirection. Setting bit 1 (value CURL_REDIR_POST_302) makes libcurl maintain the request method after a 302 redirect whilst setting bit 2 (value CURL_REDIR_POST_303) makes libcurl maintain the request method after a 303 redirect. The value CURL_REDIR_POST_ALL is a convenience define that sets all three bits. The non-RFC behaviour is ubiquitous in web browsers, so the library does the conversion by default to maintain consistency. However, a server may require a POST to remain a POST after such a redirection. This option is meaningful only when setting CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION(3). DEFAULT
0 PROTOCOLS
HTTP(S) EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* a silly POST example */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, "data=true"); /* example.com is redirected, so we tell libcurl to send POST on 301, 302 and 303 HTTP response codes */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTREDIR, CURL_REDIR_POST_ALL); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.17.1. This option was known as CURLOPT_POST301 up to 7.19.0 as it only supported the 301 then. CURL_REDIR_POST_303 was added in 7.26.0. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION(3), CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_POSTREDIR(3)