Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Adding and removing ZFS filesystems in Zones Post 302287573 by BG_JrAdmin on Saturday 14th of February 2009 10:19:29 AM
Old 02-14-2009
Adding and removing ZFS filesystems in Zones

I have a Solaris 10 container that is running on ZFS filesystems being presented from the Global Zone.

I have a filesystem presented to the Local zone and my user wants me to remove it.

It there any way I can remove this while the zone is running?

I tried unmounting it from the local zone and the global zone, all say device is busy. And I know I have to go into zonecfg and get it out of there too..

Any suggestions to remove this filesystem from a running zone?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart: creating zfs filesystems

Is it possible to create zfs pools and filesystems using the profile file in jumpstart? edit to add: using Solaris 10 Release 11/06 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Removing ro option from zones

Hey all, I need to remove the ro option from an fs on a zone. Does anyone know how to do this without removing the fs and recreating it? fs: dir: /home/em23/prod special: /export/zones/em23/root/ftp/prod raw not specified type: lofs options: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: em23
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to share/mount ZFS in two non-global zones?

Hi All, first time here. :o I need a some assistance with ZFS. I have two ZFS pools: zoneA/nfs_export zoneB/nfs_export Each dataset is mounted in a particular zone (zoneA and zoneB respectively). I have created a new dataset "zoneA/nfs_tmp" which I want to mount or share... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabriel4
8 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS adding new filesystems to a non-global zone

Hi Guys I have one Global Zone and 2 non-global zones. root@solar109 # zoneadm list -icv ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP 0 global running / native shared 20 solar109b running ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fryzh
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to backup ZFS filesystems to files on USB drive?

Dear Solaris 10 Experts, I need to carry out a manual backup of all zpool/zfs filesystems on a Solaris 10 x86 server in order to port it onto VM Ware hardware but don't know how to do it. Past exercises have been smooth using ufsdump & ufsrestore for small standalone servers. Below are the zfs... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
22 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS: /system/zones "respawning" on rpool

Hi, I have this fresh installation of Solaris 11.3 sparc. I have two zfs pools both using two disks in mirroring mode, both are online. I want to move /system/zones, currently rpool/VARSHARE/zones, from rpool to the other zfs pool so my zones don't consume space on the disks allocated to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: X96
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Removing swap and other filesystems

These are the filesystems listed using df : # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 237770199 138839515 96552983 59% / /devices 0 0 0 0% /devices ctfs 0 0 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Need help in patching with lu on SVM+ZFS FS with zones

Hello, I need help in understanding, how lu can work on Solaris-10 on this server. I can detach mirror metadevices of LVM, but zpool looks confusing, which mirror I should break. server-app01 # : |format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN300G cyl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)