Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to send the output
Operating Systems Solaris how to send the output Post 302287434 by rogerben on Friday 13th of February 2009 05:32:23 PM
Old 02-13-2009
how to send the output

Hi,
how to send the output of a command directly to a file. For eg: am issuing metastat -a. How to send the output of this command to a file as well as mail.
rogerben

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send output of .SH to a function

Hello All, I am new to Shell script world. Please help me out with following query.. OS: AIX Shell Script I am trying to execute: showStatus () { echo $1 //Actually I need to do something with the input here... } ./serverStatus.sh | grep STARTED | awk '{print $5}' | showStatus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_uk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and send output to other

Hi, In File1.txt I have text like: 23AA3424DD23|3423ff25sd5345| and so on In File2.txt I have similar text as File1, but with ",": 23aa3424dd23,192.168.1.100, and so on I wan to remove the pipes from File1 and select 5 fields, then remove "," from File2.txt and select 2 fields (IP's... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cameleon
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send an email of script output

Hi All, I'm trying to send some file which generated by script to my email. when I run the script I'm getting an email. Thats fine. But it seems to be all messed up like below Memory Status on ServerA: Mem: 3867444k total, 862680k used, 3004764k free, 54456k buffers!! CPU Status on ServerA:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Send cut output to basename

Hi, I'm running a command : pargs 20392 | egrep -e "-f "|cut -d " " -f3 | basename BUT the o/p of cut is not sending to basename. the o/p of: pargs 20392 | egrep -e "-f "|cut -d " " -f3 is /home/staff/Properties.cfg Appreciated ur help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
2 Replies

5. Programming

C system() how to send the output to an array??

Hi, im in need if wisdom here guys... How could I store the output of commands like ping integrally directly into a array??? I'll be using system() to run the commands but how can I send the output to an array??? cuz I need to store it so that I can later copy the array's content to a buffer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output will send in mail

Hi All, Requirement is to select the data from database and send the output in mail. But the output should in HTML tabular format in mail body. For example my select command is : select ename,esal,edegn,dept from emp where deptno in (10,15); In the mail body the output should : Employee... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_us
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to send 4 files output in one mail

Hi All , i have a wrapper HTML script -FS_CHECK_HTML_SCIPT_WT_Statusbar.sh which read a TXT file (script_KB.txt) and sends output to a mail in tabular format. TXT file is having 6 columns and so wrapper script create a table with 6 columns and supplies those 6 columns data from TXT file .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send output of a command as an email

Hello Unix Experts! We are on AIX 6.1 TL6 I am trying to develop a script that does the following: It should send the output of "df -g /directory/folder" command as an email to a user(someone@company.com) This is too simple and i can research on how to do it, but it would be great if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email if Output is available

hello can anyone debug these lines cd /usr/local/scripts ./build update ./build versions | grep available if then mail -s "update for server `hostname`" $EMAIL else echo -e "$YELLOW No update $RESET" fi echo "Please press a key - Back to main menu . . ." ; read but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want query output to send on mail using table tag and output should be in table

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
21 Replies
vacation(1)						      General Commands Manual						       vacation(1)

NAME
vacation - Informs senders of mail that recipient is absent SYNOPSIS
vacation -I The vacation command returns a message to the sender of a mail message, saying that the recipient is on vacation or otherwise absent. OPTIONS
Initializes the $HOME/.vacation.pag and $HOME/.vacation.dir files. Execute this option before you modify your $HOME/.forward file. DESCRIPTION
The vacation command accepts standard input and attempts to send a vacation message to the user specified in that input, which should be a mail message. The vacation command is usually invoked in your $HOME/.forward file, which is used to forward your mail to another username. When you want vacation messages to be sent to users who send you mail, enter the following in your $HOME/.forward file: user, "|vacation user" Replace user by your username. This allows mail sent to you to be both received by you and piped to the vacation command; vacation reads the mail message, determines the sender, and sends a reply. The sender receives a vacation message, and the original mail is waiting in your mailbox when you return. When vacation is invoked without the -I option, as in the file, it reads the first line from the standard input for a From line to deter- mine the sender. If this is not present, an error message is produced. (All properly formatted incoming mail should include a From line.) No vacation message is sent if the From header line indicates that the message is from Postmaster; from MAILER-DAEMON; if the initial From line includes the string -REQUEST@; or if a Precedence: bulk or Precedence: junk line is included in the header. You must initialize vacation for your username by issuing the command vacation -I before you can use the vacation command. The vacation command expects a $HOME/.vacation.msg file containing a message to be sent back to each sender. The file should be an entire message, including any desired headers, such as From or Subject. This message will be sent only once a week to each unique message sender. (If this file does not exist, vacation uses /usr/share/lib/vacation.def, a system-wide default vacation message, if it exists.) The names of people who have sent you messages are kept in the files $HOME/.vacation.pag and $HOME/.vacation.dir. These files are created when you initialize vacation for your username with vacation -I. EXAMPLES
If your username is myra and you want to send a message once a week to each person who has sent you mail, initialize vacation by entering: vacation -I Next, add the following line to your $HOME/.forward file (create this file if it does not exist): myra, "|vacation myra" If you want to send a vacation message other than the system default message in /usr/share/lib/vacation.def, create the file in your home directory and enter the message in it. For example: From: myra@k.table (Myra Louise Minter) Subject: I am on vacation. Delivered-By-the-Graces-Of: the Vacation program I am on vacation until October 1. If you have something urgent, please telephone Lucy or Sue. -- Myra FILES
System-wide default vacation message. Contains address to which mail is forwarded. Contains the names of people who have sent you mail while the vacation command was being used. Contains the names of people who have sent you mail while the vacation command was being used. Contains your personal vacation message. SEE ALSO
Commands: mail(1), mailx(1), sendmail(8) vacation(1)