Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh scripting ... get previous date Post 302287427 by allah_waris45 on Friday 13th of February 2009 04:18:59 PM
Old 02-13-2009
this is what i get when i run the code.
maybe stat is not recognized on my system
any suggestions

nis3.scr[4]: stat: not found
Invalid character in date/time specification.
Usage: date [-u] [+Field Descriptors]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specify a previous date as start date in shell script

Hi, I am trying to modify a script which accepts date in format dd/mm/yy. I am trying to modify the script so that it retrieves the date that was 15 days earlier from today as start date. Eg.if today is 05/09/2006, the script should retrieve 21/08/2006 as start date. Is there any script/code to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritzwan0
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KSH Checking Previous Date**

How would I go about getting the previous date on the server? I'm out of ideas...I am thinking that I could do it using the date command, but I am unable to find any information on doing it. For example if the current date is April 17th 2008 it would be (20080417) <- (YYYYMMDD). I need the previous... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get previous date from date command in ksh

I want to get previous date from date command. I am using ksh shell. Exmp: today is 2008.09.04 I want the result : 2008.09.03 Please help. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the first date and last date of previous month

Hi All, I need to run a job every month at the beginning of the month which is scheduled through autosys, lets say on 03/01/2010. I need to pass the last month's i.e February's first_date = 02/01/2010 and last_date = 02/28/2010 as variables to a stored procedure. Can somebody please pass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the consecutive last 10 week day date using UNIX ksh shell scripting?

Hi, i am writing a ksh shell script to check the last month end date whether it is falling in last 10 week day date, I am not sure How to use "Mr. Perderabo's date calculator", Could you Please let me know how to use to get my requirement, I tried my own script but duplicate week day and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date - incorrect results for previous date

Hello: I am bit puzzled with what I could be doing wrong and any help is appreciated. I have a date in YYYMMDD format and I need to find the previous date. Based on the input on this forum, I have come up with the following. It seems to work for all except the following. Here I am passing date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wincrazy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get previous date for the given input date..

hi all, need a script or command to get the previous date for the given input date... like in my script i will pass date as input parameter like 2014-12-01 and i want the output as previous date.. ie.. 2014-11-30 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies
STAT(3F)																  STAT(3F)

NAME
stat, lstat, fstat - get file status SYNOPSIS
integer function stat (name, statb) character*(*) name integer statb(12) integer function lstat (name, statb) character*(*) name integer statb(12) integer function fstat (lunit, statb) integer statb(12) DESCRIPTION
These routines return detailed information about a file. Stat and lstat return information about file name; fstat returns information about the file associated with fortran logical unit lunit. The order and meaning of the information returned in array statb is as described for the structure stat under stat(2). The ``spare'' values are not included. The value of either function will be zero if successful; an error code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/libU77.a SEE ALSO
stat(2), access(3F), perror(3F), time(3F) BUGS
Pathnames can be no longer than MAXPATHLEN as defined in <sys/param.h>. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 15, 1985 STAT(3F)