Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jumpstart Issues
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart Issues Post 302287350 by seg on Friday 13th of February 2009 12:44:45 PM
Old 02-13-2009
If possible please post the results of a verbose install:

boot net -v install

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart?

I have been asked to research Jumpstart and don't know where to begin! Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks! :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avana100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JumpStart

Hi, Which sites have general information on JumpStart for Solaris 8? I would like to know more about boot server, installation server, and configuration server.... and all other good things about JumpStart....Thanks..:p Doo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JUmpstart on a pc

HI. i was wondering if you can jumpstart using the solaris intel platform? please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart

Hi, where can i find documention on how to create a jumpstart system? dori (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

5. Solaris

help with jumpstart

Hello all, I configured a jumpstart server ( the server is in the same subnet as the client) and gave boot net - install in the client. The client boots up shows the banner and then displays error: cant read disk label cant open disk label package and then goes to OK prompt. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart Help

Hi Peeps, Created a jumpstart server for an unattened install and it works, but got 2 bugs in the config which I would like to work out: when you boot net install It still asks you to select a language and locale, after you do this it kicks of an unattended install. So my question is,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues Solaris 10

I'm trying to jumpstart my remote server. My /etc/hosts and /etc/ethers files have the correct data. Keep getting the following message at the ok prompt after running a boot net - install Link hasn't comeup yet Ran a test-net and got the following message. Link is -- down When... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
7 Replies

8. Solaris

jumpstart installation

hi friends, i dont know how to install jumpstart . i have solaris cds( 5 nos.). i tried to install jumpstart but there is no setup_install_server file. What i want to do for installing jumpstart server please help me thanks to all (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Jumpstart issues, help please.

1.I wish to perform a Jumpstart installation, the client being Ultra 5 Sparc and jumpstart Server being ultra 20 AMD system. 2.I think i have done all the procedures right, like putting the mac address of Sparc 1 to /etc/ethers, creating sysidcfg file, and profile file: 3.When I issued the boot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues With T5220

I'm trying to use a V210 (sun4u) configured as a jumpstart server to flash install a number of T5220's (sunv4). The Facts: V210 - Solaris 10 (September 2010 Release / not patched) T5220's - Archive's created using prior (unknown) version of solaris 10. Flar -i <archive name> shows the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celtic_Monkey
6 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)                                                 kernel-install                                                 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. An executable should return 0 on success. It may also return 77 to cause the whole operation to terminate (executables later in lexical order will be skipped). COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ KERNEL-IMAGE The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release or /usr/lib/os-release (if the former is missing), or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns 0 or 77, 0 is returned, and a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release /usr/lib/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 237 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)