Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Iterative statement to cut values from a line Post 302287324 by mannepalli on Friday 13th of February 2009 09:51:41 AM
Old 02-13-2009
I have a text file with different WLS domain names, admin and managed server's IP address. Through this script I have to fetch the domain name, server IP and connect to WLS server to get the domain configurations in a single loop. Hope this clarifies.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code checking for all values in the same if statement.

I am trying to set up a variable based on the name of the file. function script_name { if then job_name='MONITOR' return job_name; elsif then job_name='VERSION' return job_name fi } for i in `ls *log` do script_name $i done. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle8
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to assign cut values to an array

i need to seperate values seperated by delimiters and assign it to an array.. can u plz help me on that. Variables = "asd,rgbh,(,rty,got,),sroe,9034," i need to assign the variables into arrays.. like.. var=asd var=rgbh.. and so on how do i do this. i need to reuse the values stored in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syms
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterative operation

grep -o '\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}' then how do i iterate the file names?? (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravis83
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with some iterative file processing

Gurus - Please help with this urgent situation. I have the following problem to solve using a shell script: 1. There are about 13 files named CONTAINER_1.lst, CONTAINER_2.lst, CONTAINER_3.lst .....CONTAINER_13.lst 2. Each of these files contain about 8 lines (in most cases) containing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH if statement using FLOAT values

Today I spent longer than I'd like to admit figuring out how to write a Bourne shell IF statement that tests a FLOAT value before executing a block of statements. Here's the solution I found, which invokes bc. Hope this will come in handy for someone: value = testval = if then body... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjepsen
5 Replies

6. Slackware

How should I cut this line using cut and grep?

not sure how to do it. wan't to delete it using cut and grep ince i would use it in the shell. but how must the command be? grep "64.233.181.103 wwwGoogle.com" /etc/hosts | cut -d the delimeter is just a space. can you help meplease. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfish
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Looping using cut statement

i want to create loop for below mentioned A1=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f3` A2=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f4` A3=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f5` A4=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f6` A5=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f7` A6=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f8` A7=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f9` A8=`echo $obj1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasricha.kunal
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterative parsing

I have always struggled when parsing a file vertically vs. by line horizontally. Can't seem to get my head around the concept. Here again I need to convert vertical output to horizontal output. original output root@acuransx:bpplsched 2000-STAND3 -v -M acuransx -l <2>bpplsched: INITIATING:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jouuu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with cut statement

Hi i have the below content in a file and i am trying to cut 5.4 , but when i use the below cut command nothing comes up . I am not sure what i am doing wrong. I am new to unix. Please help me, thanks for the help in advance. $ cat pid.txt 5.4 21399 ./PreRating $ cut -d ' ' -f1 pid.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nick1982
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut from tables based on column values

Hello, I have a tab-delimited table that may contain 11,12 or 13 columns. Depending on the number of columns, I want to cut and get a sub table as shown below. However, the awk commands in the code seem to be an issue. What should I be doing differently? #cut columns 1-2,4-5,11 when 12 &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies
read(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   read(1)

NAME
read - read a line from standard input SYNOPSIS
var ... DESCRIPTION
reads a single line from standard input. The line is split into fields as when processed by the shell (refer to shells in the first field is assigned to the first variable var, the second field to the second variable var, and so forth. If there are more fields than there are specified var operands, the remaining fields and their intervening separators are assigned to the last var. If there are more vars than fields, the remaining vars are set to empty strings. The setting of variables specified by the var operands affect the current shell execution environment. Standard input to can be redirected from a text file. Since affects the current shell execution environment, it is usually provided as a normal shell special (built-in) command. Thus, if it is called in a subshell or separate utility execution environment similar to the following, it does not affect the shell variables in the caller's environment: Options recognizes the following options: Do not treat a backslash character in any special way. Consider each backslash to be part of the input line. Opperands recognizes the following operands: var The name of an existing or nonexisting shell variable. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the internal field separators used to delimit fields. RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: 0 Successful completion. >0 End-of-file was detected or an error occurred. EXAMPLES
Print a file with the first field of each line moved to the end of the line. while read -r xx yy do printf "%s %s " "$yy" "$xx" done < input_file SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), sh-posix(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
read(1)