Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix/Linux gurus...here is Q 4u Post 302287138 by Rahulpict on Friday 13th of February 2009 12:48:51 AM
Old 02-13-2009
@krishmaths

sort -t= -nrk2,2 1.txt
...will only sort the 1.txt file.....

Basically I want to do (Total execution time/Number of executions) line by line from both files....
eg
===================
8.9823/738 = 0.012
823/23 = 35.782
9837/11383 = 0.864
8.9823/234 = 0.038
===================

then sort the above result...
===================
823/23 = 35.782
9837/11383 = 0.864
8.9823/234 = 0.038
8.9823/738 = 0.012
===================

I want to also know in the output that for which "Total execution time" and "Number of executions" we are getting what results....like I pasted the above result.

Example......in above eg I can see the max is 35.782 for "Total execution time" = 823 and "Number of executions" = 23.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Any RF unix gurus out there?

I am having a problem here. We are having several problems in regards to hung process's on unix (HPUX box), caused by my RF equipment (Mobile data capture units). these contact the host via a simply telnet session and locks the system? Is it a timeout problem as the timeout is disabled on the host. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subrosa
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - Unix Gurus calling

Unix Gurus, I have been breaking my head to get this done..seems simple.. I need to read a flat file and based on a key word in a line, i need to skip the previous 3 lines. eg : Line1 Line2 Line3 Line4 Line5 Line6 Error Line7 Line8 Line9 Error Line10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravred
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED GURUS - Help!

I wish to substituite a string on each line but ONLY if it appears within double-quotes: this_string="abc#def#geh" # Comment here I wish to change the "#" characters within the double quoted string to "_": this_string="abc_def_geh" # Comment here ... but as you see, the "comment" hash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simerian
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hey Perl Gurus

Hey guys im trying to get this if statement to work and i dont know whats wrong. can anybody help? if($author=~/\A+\Z/i)&&(length($author!=0)) { print " $author validation correct" } elsif($author!=~/\A+\Z/i)&&(length($author=0)) { $author='BLANK'; } else { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neil1983
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

VI Editor - question for unix gurus !!

I have created a dummy file -demo.txt On my machine-A (oslevel-5300-08) I can display the file content in HEX format through VI editor using :%!xxd but on other machine-B (oslevel - 5300-06) , I get error as "sh: xxd: not found." machine-A: $ cat demo.txt Hello World ! I can display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix gurus : how to grep this pattern?

Hello Unix gurus, My log file has entries in below format : ================================================================= 2009-01-19-01.19.24.816169+660 I8635A1158 LEVEL: Error PID : 5873782 TID : 1 PROC : aaaa APPHDL : 0-269 AUTHID : PDBCMPC... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Urgent Help from UNIX gurus to get specific data from a file

Hi, I have a file monitor.txt as below... # Times are converted to local time from GMT. # Local Timezone: EST (GMT -05:00) PARAM1 { TIME 30; CC1 "xxxxx"; CC2 "xxxxx"; CC3 "xxxxx"; CC4 "xxxxx"; } PARAM2 { 4061 :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaq1xsw2
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling all the awk gurus out there.

Hi all, I just signed up to the forums, although, I have lurked on here for awhile. Anyways, my issue is I am trying to get awk to spit out something I can use without having to spend hours in excel hell haha. So, I used sed to replace the spaces with semicolons and redirected that to a file. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus about sed.

Hi Folks. I need change something into file and after all manipulation I need delete only last COMMA into this piece of code -> GROUP 1 ( '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log01a.dbf', '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log01b.dbf' ) SIZE 512M, GROUP 2 ( '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log02a.dbf', ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus with expect

Hi., I need to ask question for expect script. I have prompt like # and very long script (orachk). I added to expect script line set prompt "(%|#|\\\$) $" and insert into it also piece of code ---- expect { timeout { puts "Running..." exp_continue } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
0 Replies
SYSSTAT(5)							Linux User's Manual							SYSSTAT(5)

NAME
sysstat - sysstat configuration file. DESCRIPTION
This file is read by sa1(8) and sa2(8) shell scripts from the sysstat's set of tools. It consists of a sequence of shell variable assign- ments used to configure sysstat logging. The variables and their meanings are: HISTORY The number of days during which a daily data file or a report should be kept. Data files or reports older than this number of days will be removed by the sa2(8) shell script. COMPRESSAFTER Number of days after which daily data files are to be compressed, either by gzip or bzip2. SADC_OPTIONS Options that should be passed to sadc(8). With these options (see sadc(8) manual page), you can select some additional data which are going to be saved in daily data files. These options are used only when a new data file is created. They will be ignored with an already existing one. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/sysstat AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sadc(8), sa1(8), sa2(8) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux SEPTEMBER 2010 SYSSTAT(5)