Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux What is the easies Linux Distribution to connect to internet? Post 302287049 by pludi on Thursday 12th of February 2009 03:24:30 PM
Old 02-12-2009
It's about par for any of the modern distributions, be it Ubuntu, OpenSuSE, Fedora or Mandriva (I know I'm forgetting some).
Why don't you tell us a bit more about how you usually connect to the net so that we might have a starting point.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

trying to connect to internet

i have just installed solaris 10 on a 60 gb hard drive. now im trying to install my nic driver but when i put in the floppy disk for the nic card it cant read it, so then i found that i have to mount the floppy drive and i tried putting in the mount command but i dont know where to mount it and if... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
38 Replies

3. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

4. SuSE

Help:how to connect gprs internet in linux

:mad: iam connecting to internet using gprs ccellphone in windows in linux how to connect to gprs internet presently iam using linux distribution opensuse 10.3 my phone is LGB2070 using com1 port the driver for windows is in .inf format ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
4 Replies

5. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

7. Linux

How to connect to internet

Hi, Can someone guide me regarding how to connect to internet. what are steps? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to connect internet in Linux OS?

What all is required so that I can use internet on my Linux OS My OS: Red Hat Fedora version: 2.6 I have to connect via my Nokia cell phone via cable. This way only I had been using internet on my Windows OS. If any software is required to install on my UNIX for internet, then I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to connect internet in Linux OS

How to enable internet on my Linux OS My OS: Red Hat Fedora Release 9 (Sulphur) version: 2.6 I have to connect via my Nokia cell phone via cable. This way only I had been using internet on my Windows OS. If any software is required to install on my UNIX for internet, then I don't have any. If... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux/UNIX Server won't connect to Internet

I know nothing about Linux/Unix. The fact that it is Linux/Unix is what someone told me the server is. It has been set up with the work stations in my home and would connect to the internet (DSL) and work with the other stations. We now have an actual office that does not have DSL, but rather has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BgDunbar
2 Replies
BAYCOM(9)						      Kernel Reference Guide							 BAYCOM(9)

NAME
baycom - amateur (AX.25) packet radio network driver for baycom modems SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/baycom.h> #include <linux/hdlcdrv.h> DESCRIPTION
The driver currently supports three different modems: ser12, par96 and par97. ser12 This is a very simple 1200 baud AFSK modem. The modem consists only of a modulator/demodulator chip, usually a TI TCM3105. The computer is responsible for regenerating the receiver bit clock. The modem connects to a serial port, hence the name. Since the serial port is not used as an async serial port, the kernel driver for serial ports cannot be used, and this driver only supports standard serial hardware (8250, 16450, 16550). par96 This is a modem for 9600 baud FSK compatible to the G3RUH standard. The modem does all the filtering and regenerates the receiver clock. Data is transferred from and to the PC via a shift register. The shift register is filled with 16 bits and an interrupt is signalled. The PC then empties the shift register in a burst. This modem connects to the parallel port, hence the name. par97 This is a redesign of the par96 modem by Henning Rech, DF9IC. The modem is protocol compatible to par96, but uses only three low power ICs and can therefore be fed from the parallel port and does not require an additional power supply. IOCTL CALLS
The ioctl calls follow the implementation in the hdlcdrv. BAYCOMCTL_GETMODEMTYPE returns the modem type (i.e. ser12 or par96) and the options in effect (currently only the source of the DCD signal) BAYCOMCTL_SETMODEMTYPE sets the modem type and the options. Only superuser can do this. BAYCOMCTL_GETDEBUG return some debugging values. Not always available. SEE ALSO
baycom (9), soundmodem (9), linux/drivers/net/hdlcdrv.c, AUTHOR
baycom was written by Thomas Sailer, HB9JNX/AE4WA, (t.sailer@alumni.ethz.ch). Linux 2.1.x 2 October 1996 BAYCOM(9)