Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog.log - hp-ux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers syslog.log - hp-ux Post 302286821 by binary_boy on Thursday 12th of February 2009 02:56:18 AM
Old 02-12-2009
hello

I had the same problem once. Here's what i've done: since it seem to me that OS needs to recognize all the devices again, u may need to issue this command: ioscan -En, but this should take some time. What it does, is forcing kernel to recognize devices drivers and reload them.

Hope this help!
Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

syslog log file sizes

I am logging the messages from a router network and the log files are getting enormous is there any way to limit the size of the log file by either wrapping it or preferably creating a new one and renaiming the old. Cheers mike (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mscomms
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

syslog.log (HP-UX)

How can I setup the syslog.log file ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salhoub
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

writing the log file into syslog

Hi, we are trying to enable auditing for few oracle 9i database. and right now it writies into adump directory. As adump can be read/write by oracle user so could it be possible to write into syslog while oracle keeps writing to adump . thanks in advance. Pk (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
2 Replies

4. Solaris

/var/log/syslog

Hi, Solaris : 9 I noticed /var/log/syslog message file growing fast in abnormal way since 4 or 5 days. due to this my root / filesystem is getting filled with 100% . root $ls -ltr total 4683730 -rwxrwxrwx 1 root sys 0 Oct 17 2005 authlog -rwxrwxrwx 1 root ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
17 Replies

5. AIX

Diverting an app log to the syslog

My windows developers want to scan an Oracle log live; samba won't give them what they want. They are trying to scan logs with Microsoft Operations Monitoring. I set up syslog to export to the external windows server and that is working, but is there a way to send the updates to the oracle log to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommysalami
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

syslog configuration and log lvl

Hello I was getting hammered in /var/log/messages from snmpd becouse it was running a jira which was sending email everytime someone updated a case or made any changes. Therefor I decided to turn down the loglvl of snmpd, so what I did was add snmpd.notice; to # cat /etc/syslog.conf # Log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
2 Replies

7. Linux

How to send from Tomcat log (catelina.out) to Syslog?

Dear All:) We want to send log message from Tomcat Log to Syslog. So we have configured as follows: Our environment: Tomcat 5.5 with CentOS 5.6 Final version (32Bit) log4j.properties file location: /usr/share/tomcat5/common/classes log4j-1.2.16.jar and commons-logging-1.1.1.jar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
2 Replies

8. SuSE

syslog-ng - dont log specific entries

Hi @ all, I´ve a short question, perhaps somebody could help me ... How can I configure syslog-ng either not to log specific entries in messages or write them into another file ... Here´re my extract from syslog-ng.conf: ... filter f_imap { match(imap); }; ... destination... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackcracker
5 Replies

9. AIX

slp_srvreg filling up syslog.log

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with one server running AIX 6.1. The syslog.log file has been filling up with entries from slp_srvreg and reaching critical disk space. I've been googling and reading and I've found that the logging for slp_srvreg could be customized but I haven't found how. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Generate message in syslog.log

Dear Concern, Is there any command to generate message in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file in HP-UX. With Best Regards, Kauser (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies
devices(4)							   File Formats 							devices(4)

NAME
devices, devid_cache, snapshot_cache, mdi_scsi_vhci_cache, mdi_ib_cache, devname_cache - device configuration information SYNOPSIS
/etc/devices /etc/devices/devid_cache /etc/devices/snapshot_cache /etc/devices/mdi_scsi_vhci_cache /etc/devices/mdi_ib_cache /etc/devices/devname_cache DESCRIPTION
The directory /etc/devices is a repository of device-related data. Files in this directory are used to preserve this information across reboots and are created and updated as necessary by the system. There are no administrative actions necessary with respect to files in /etc/devices. Should the contents of a file become corrupted or an update fail, the file can simply be removed. The system re-creates the file as necessary. SEE ALSO
devfsadm(1M), dev(7FS), ddi_devid_compare(9F), ddi_devid_compare(9F) NOTES
Files in this directory do not constitute an API. Files might not exist or might have a different content or interpretation in a future release. The existence of this notice does not imply that any other documentation that lacks this notice constitutes an API. SunOS 5.11 8 Jun 2006 devices(4)