Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wildcard in Cshell find command Post 302286702 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 07:43:56 PM
Old 02-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by phudgens
Does anyone know the trick here?

Don't use the C shell for scripting.
Top Ten Reasons not to use the C shell
Csh problems
Csh Programming Considered Harmful

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem in using wildcard characters in xargs with find

Hi, Under my parent diectory I have directory named "Response" in many of its subfolders. I am interested to see all files with extention .pro in Response Directory. I am giving following command - find . -name "Response" -type d | xargs -i ls -lrt {}/*.pro but it is not giving result. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find replace a particular string of data with wildcard

Hi I am having a csv file in which lots of data are available wherein i need to find a particular kind of data and replace it with null value. here is the sample data.. I need to find the string starting with 404-064- and up to the first space i have to remove the data and keep the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tail command with wildcard file name

Please help with the following command tail -f /appdata/logs/alert_audit517.txt | grep "Sep 02" The problem I have is with the file name "alert_audit517.txt". The 3 digit number at the end of the file name changes, so I need the file name to use a wildcard. Ive tried alert_audit***.txt, but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertson1995
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing wildcard parameters to find via a variable

I have a script to fix permissions which is made up of blocks like: FS_ROOT=/home/shared/Photos FS_EXCLUDE=( \( -path */.webviews -o -path */.thumbnails \) -prune -o ) find $FS_ROOT ${FS_EXCLUDE} -type d -not -perm 2770 -exec chmod 2770 "{}" \; That fragment works as expected, but no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mij
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with wildcard directory

I want to look if there is any file inside a specific directory which was modified before 2 days. I wrote the find command, but the problem is there is one directory and that is a random directory generated by unix, so not sure on how to code for that on the find command. find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srini0603
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard use with SED command

Hello, I am fairly new to Linux in general and I am trying to use SED to make some replacements in a file. Below is sample of what the file is like. <Grouping id="024"><Source>ABC</Source><GroupingKey>000000000816</GroupingKey></Grouping><Grouping... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: runforfun7
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"GET" command retrieves multiple files while using wildcard

Hi All I am using GNU/Linux This is regarding the get command to retrieve files (filename with wild card characters) from remote server. I thought Get command can retrieve only 1 file irrespective of the files it has on the remote server And it is the function of mget to retrieve all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and replace with wildcard

HI there, I am trying to find and replace with wildcard with data chr1 69511 69511 A G 1/1:0,34:791,78,0:78:34 0/1:55,60:1130,0,1513:99:116 1/1:0,28:630,63,0:63:28 0/1:0,34:626,57,0:57:34 To this chr1 69511 69511 A G homo hetero homo hetero Where I find and replace 0/1 with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daashti
3 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)