Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Making jails in FreeBSD
Operating Systems BSD Making jails in FreeBSD Post 302286675 by figaro on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 05:37:19 PM
Old 02-11-2009
The error message still remains.
Code:
make: don't know how to make world. Stop

Any suggestions?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

making script

hello experts cany any one help me i want to make one script which can rlogin to another machine . but it should not ask me username/password from me of another machine it should take the username and password from the script only. please help me out. regards, shary (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

2. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

making sure my string is [a-z] only

Hi there I am trying to figure out how I can validate my string to ensure that it is consists of only lower case alpha chrataters but for some reason whatever I do, it seems to come back with 'true' I have tried if " ]] ; then echo "yes its fine" else echo... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
21 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

help making a library.

I understand how to use vi and emacs but I have a project which entails building a library application like a phone directory or listing of dvd's. I am lost on where to start. any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gustave
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making Variables

Dear Friends, Here I need your help once again. I have a flat file with pipe de-limited format e.g. 12345|1234567890|0|0|0| (Total 5 values) I want to take all non 0 ("Zero") values in variables named as anu1, anu2, anu3, anu4 and anu5. Is it possible? Please guide me. Thank you in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding help for making own OS

Dear Fellow, I want to make my own OS, Kindly suggest from where i should start. please help me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaigham_tt
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What choice when "making" an executable on FreeBSD?

I should make an executable on our server, and are having some problem (I changed this question cause I found out that anser). I'm getting this error when trying to do make: In file included from... /usr/include/sys/file.h:161: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'u_int' *** Error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 244an
1 Replies
JLS(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    JLS(8)

NAME
jls -- list jails SYNOPSIS
jls [-dhNnqsv] [-j jail] [parameter ...] DESCRIPTION
The jls utility lists all active jails, or the specified jail. Each jail is represented by one row which contains space-separated values of the listed parameters, including the pseudo-parameter all which will show all available jail parameters. A list of available parameters can be retrieved via ``sysctl -d security.jail.param''. See jail(8) for a description of some core parameters. If no parameters or any of the options -hns are given, the following four columns will be printed: jail identifier (jid), IP address (ip4.addr), hostname (host.hostname), and path (path). The following options are available: -d List dying as well as active jails. -h Print a header line containing the parameters listed. If no parameters are given on the command line, all is assumed. -N In the standard display mode, print each jail's name instead of its numeric ID. If the jail does not have a name, the numeric ID is printed instead. -n Print parameters in ``name=value'' format, where each parameter is preceded by its name. If no parameters are given on the command line, all is assumed. -q Put quotes around parameters if they contain spaces or quotes, or are the empty string. -s Print parameters suitable for passing to jail(8), skipping read-only and unused parameters. Implies -nq. -v Print a multiple-line summary per jail, with the following parameters: jail identifier (jid), hostname (host.hostname), path (path), jail name (name), jail state (dying), cpuset ID (cpuset), IP address(es) (ip4.addr and ip6.addr). -j jail The jid or name of the jail to list. Without this option, all active jails will be listed. SEE ALSO
jail_get(2), jail(8), jexec(8) HISTORY
The jls utility was added in FreeBSD 5.1. Extensible jail parameters were introduced in FreeBSD 8.0. BSD
July 20, 2012 BSD