Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Write protected hard disk on Solaris 9 Post 302286526 by callmebob on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 11:04:38 AM
Old 02-11-2009
Fibre Disks, sitting in an A5200 array, all the rest are r/w.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris in Bran new Hard disk..

Hello there !!! I am going to install solaris 8 on brand new hard disk, which i just attatched with computer. Hard disk is already formated or do i have to use some kind of fdisk prior to install solaris ? OR solaris automatically format this new hard disk ? How does this work with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fomatting Solaris Hard Disk.

Hi Friends ! How long does it take to format a hard disk under Solaris ? Once the format starts, what data will be cleared or deleted first ? i.e whether the OS is cleared or all the data other than OS is cleared first ? Then, if the format starts and the power goes off, can i retrieve data?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - breaking of mirror and change new hard disk

Hi, am a newbie at solaris. Need advice and help on this. 1) How do I break the mirror between 2 hard disks. (wish to keep 1 good hard disk as backup) 2) After remove 1 hard disk and put in new hard disk, how do I initialise or fomat the new hard disk? 3) How do I put back the backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Error after installing 2nd hard disk on Solaris 10?

I installed Solaris 10 on this Dell 5150 with only 1 SATA hard drive setup, all went well, and I could view the disk in the disk management window. However, I setup a 2nd hard drive, identical to 1st drive. Solaris wont recognize it and gives an error when trying to view disks in disk management... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Removable hard disk

Hi Gurus, I have difficulty in configuring removable hard disk in Solaris 8. I have connected hard disk to machine but I do not know how to configure it. Kindly tell me, how should I configure it .. so that I can create a mount point on this and write files to them. Regards Srini (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri243
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard disk write performance very slow

Dear All, I have a hard disk in solaris on which the write performanc is too slow. The CPU , RAM memory are absolutely fine. What might be reason. Kindly explain. Rj (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

7. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

8. Solaris

Hard disk resizing Solaris

Dear All, I have a task of resizing the Solaris Partitions. This server contains SVM. Kindly let me know the steps in resizing the partitions and precautions. Regards Rj (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Solaris

solaris hard disk not detected

Dear all, I have a Sol 10 server. When I put df -h , it is showing the mount points of all file systems, but when I format the server it is showing the below output bash-3.00# format Searching for disks...done No disks found! Pl let me know what is the problem for this. ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use a old window hard disk on Solaris ??

Hi, How can i use a old window 200Gb IDE harddisk on Solaris8. At the Solaris 8 install utility, it could only detect 50Mb for space ! Is the format wrong ? Do i need to re-do the partition ? I am using a Sunblade150 with solaris8 Thank u for the help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Snubber
1 Replies
fcp(7D)                                                               Devices                                                              fcp(7D)

NAME
fcp - Fibre Channel protocol driver DESCRIPTION
The fcp driver is the upper layer protocol that supports mechanisms for transporting SCSI-3 commands over Fibre Channel. The fcp driver, which interfaces with the Sun Fibre Channel transport library fctl(7D), supports the standard functions provided by the SCSA interface. FILES
/kernel/drv/fcp 32-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (SPARC) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Unknown | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfcp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), fctl(7D), fp(7D), usoc(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Generic Services (FC-GS-2) Project 1134-D Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP) ANSI X3.269-1996 SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM) Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) ANSI X3.270-1996 Fabric Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 SunOS 5.10 20 Oct 2004 fcp(7D)