Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove the first two words from shell arguments Post 302286405 by praveenbvarrier on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 04:16:21 AM
Old 02-11-2009
Remove the first two words from shell arguments

Hi
I need to delete first two words from the arguments my script receives .. no matter how many arguments are passed .

Thanks
Praveen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove first few words from a line

Hi All, Sample: 4051 Oct 4 10:03:36 AM 2008: TEST: end of testcase Checking Interface after reload, result fail I need to remove first 10 words of the above line and output should be like Checking Interface after reload, result fail Please help me in this regard. Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove words from file

Hello, I have a question: I have two different files, let's call them file1 and file2. file1 contains a list of words, the words are on seperate lines: word1 word2 word3 word4 etc... file2 also contains a list of words, seperated in the same way as file1. What I want to do is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beeser
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove arguments

Hi all, First of all, this is my first post in this forum, so it's nice to know you. I hope not to brake any 'rule' ;) I'd like to know, if it's possible to remove a parameter from command line, regardless of its position? I've found a solution using shift, if it's the first argument. But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlbertGM
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove words between /* and */ in several lines of file

hi, I want to remove comments in somany files. coments started from /* and ends with */. so i wnt to remove words /* to */ how to remove words between /* and */ in several lines of file EX : cat haha.txt "HI",/*hk*/ob1,raju,/*hjh*/boju,beeju output should be : "HI",ob1,raju,boju,beeju ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spc432
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove the words

Hi folks, I have file with the below 1245633505 +manual mroennfeldt@news.com.au 1245633506 +manual sal@bynews.com.au 1245633506 +manual whson@btimes.com 1245633507 +manual karla.marsden@tnews.com.au 1245633508 +manual king@netn.com.au Now, I need the output of the files only with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out words, replace them and count words

hello, i 'd like your help about a bash script which: 1. finds inside the html file (it is attached with my post) the code number of the Latest Stable Kernel, 2.finds the link which leads to the download location of the Latest Stable Kernel version, (the right link should lead to the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex83
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to remove words between patterns

Hi, I am using following code to remove words between start and end points. $mystring = "The start text always precedes the end of the end text."; if($mystring =~ s/start(.*)end/\0/) { print $1; print "\n"; print $mystring; } But this is writing special chars in place of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove words

All, I have a file with below entries. /java/usr/abc/123 /java/usr/xyz/123_21 /java/usr/ab12/345/234 ......... ......... And I need entry as /java/usr/abc/config /java/usr/xyz/config /java/usr/ab12/config ......... ......... Actually, I need to remove all other entries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove very first pair of duplicate words

I have file which is almost look like below MMIT MMIT ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last few words from Line

Hi I would like to remove last few words from File Could anybody Help on it. ps -ef | grep mgr.prm | awk '{print $10}' /opt/app/dummyd/xyz/dirprm/mgr.prm /opt/app/dummy/xyz/dirprm/mgr.prm /opt/app/dummy/xyz/dirprm/mgr.prm I want output like /opt/app/dummyd/xyz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
4 Replies
ASP-PERL(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      ASP-PERL(1p)

NAME
asp-perl - Apache::ASP CGI and command line script processor SYNOPSIS
asp-perl [-hsdb] [-f asp.conf] [-o directory] file1 @arguments file2 @arguments ... -h Help you are getting now! -f Specify an alternate configuration file other than ./asp.conf -s Setup $Session and $Application state for script. -d Set to debug code upon errors. -b Only return body of document, no headers. -o Output directory, writes to files there instead of STDOUT -p GlobalPackage config, what perl package are the scripts compiled in. DESCRIPTION
This program will run Apache::ASP scripts from the command line. Each file that is specified will be run, and the $Request->QueryString() and $Request->Form() data will be initialized by the @arguments following the script file name. The @arguments will be written as space separated words, and will be initialized as an associate array where %arguments = @arguments. As an example: asp-perl file.asp key1 value1 key2 value2 would be similar to calling the file.asp in a web environment like /file.asp?key1=value1&key2=value2 The asp.conf script will be read from the current directory for parameters that would be set with PerlSetVar normally under mod_perl. For more information on how to configure the asp.conf file, please see < http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html > SEE ALSO
perldoc Apache::ASP, and also http://www.apache-asp.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2004 Joshua Chamas, Chamas Enterprises Inc. This program is distributed under the GPL. Please see the LICENSE file in the Apache::ASP distribution for more information. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-15 ASP-PERL(1p)